window stuck

bobabout

hi please can some one help my passangers side window has stuck half way down ,tried all the stuff in the manual ,but nothing seems to work its a 16 petrol a2 ,i cant even get the door trim off ,undone the star keys on the door rail but wont budge , so guys please let me no if you no.many thanks bobabout/

hi please can some one help my passangers side window has stuck half way down ,tried all the stuff in the manual ,but nothing seems to work its a 16 petrol a2 ,i cant even get the door trim off ,undone the star keys on the door rail but wont budge , so guys please let me no if you no.many thanks bobabout/

You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnecting as see what happens.

I am assuming you have checked the fuses first?

As for the door card, if you have undone all of the screws then it WILL pull off (start at the bottom and give it a good tug!)

Steve B

Try unplugging the battery for 30 mins first.
Check your battery is not on its last legs (that made my window start to play up).

If that doesn't fix it then you need to remove the door card.
There are three torx screws...two in the interior handle and a third under the tweeter grill (the grill just levers off with a flat screwdriver).
In the middle of the door trim at the bottom you will find a little hole to get your finger in. Tug it! then tug it some more, its only clipped in by approx. 10 panel clips that release on pulling.
The door trim sits in a channel by the window, so when completely released it will still sit there.
Be careful of short tweeter wire, and when you DO dislodge the tweeter from its mounting (I do it every time!) be carefull to make sure it is pushed back into place.
Unclip the door handle cable (don't forget to recouple when putting all back together!).

With the door card removed you will see the door control module (it incorporates the motor too).
Unplug the main power wire to this (its on one end and is the shorter of the connectors). There is NO NEED to have the battery unplugged for this in my experience.
I tend to leave unplugged for a few minutes, but I don't know if this is necessary.
Plug in. connect up the door card, and everything should be fine.
The door module rarely fail, but often loose the plot and need to be forced to reboot.
With me it was failing battery that caused the drop in voltage, since new battery I have had no problems.

Back