Windscreen washer issue?

Jeffers66

A2OC Donor
I’m assuming our A2 washer jets have a pumped system, mine seem to just be firing out on what seems like gravity and no real force, anyone else had this? And is it an easy fix, must admit haven’t checked a fuse yet.
Cheers Jeff

I would first check the piping under the scuttle panel that leads up to the washer jets for any leaks or kinks Jeff.

Had a very similar problem with my washer jets recently. Lack of pressure. Took everything apart cleaned and refitted, no improvement. Replaced the washer jet assemblies and now they wash as good as a new car, turns out that the years of use, cleaning and adjusting had worn away the jets. Not sure if you have the first generation square washers or the second generation large oval type. My ones are the later (heated) and picked up replacement A4 ones made in china. They are a perfect fit and almost perfect copy except they have identified them the wrong way around. Just make sure the outer jet points to the outside in each case. If you have flow then the pump is working, be prepared to replace some of the plastic tubing, I had to replace a section between the two jets that had become very brittle and fell apart as I was taking out the old jets.

Had a very similar problem with my washer jets recently. Lack of pressure. Took everything apart cleaned and refitted, no improvement. Replaced the washer jet assemblies and now they wash as good as a new car, turns out that the years of use, cleaning and adjusting had worn away the jets. Not sure if you have the first generation square washers or the second generation large oval type. My ones are the later (heated) and picked up replacement A4 ones made in china. They are a perfect fit and almost perfect copy except they have identified them the wrong way around. Just make sure the outer jet points to the outside in each case. If you have flow then the pump is working, be prepared to replace some of the plastic tubing, I had to replace a section between the two jets that had become very brittle and fell apart as I was taking out the old jets.
Thanks, and yes I have the later ones, although not heated, I’ll have a proper looksee tomorrow, thanks guys??

Thanks, and yes I have the later ones, although not heated, I’ll have a proper looksee tomorrow, thanks guys
If they are jets rather than sprays try poking a needle down the jet hole.
If removing pipework, then take it off a jet and with a mouthful of water blow down a tube into the jet to backflush it!
If you need new piping then the stuff used for aquariums is very flexible.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

But if they were like mine the jet holes had become enlarged and were not able of producing a good jet of water. Replacements saw everything as good as it left the factory when new.

Back