Windscreen-washer reservoir - capacity?

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
Straightforward question requiring your help? Looking on EKTA, they show two numbers for that washer reservoir ..... one is stated as 4.2 litres, the other has no capacity shown. Do you happen to know what the capacity of the larger tank is? Even more useful, do you know what both capacities are? (standard and enhanced capacity) I have looked again at ELSA-Win, and it says that to remove the reservoir does not require the removal of the bumper? I fear that, because I have the Votex body kit fitted, then this may make bumper removal rather difficult? (So, obviously, I'd like to avoid having to do that!) Anyone know of a breaker with a suitable, larger capacity tank? (I think that the tank+level sensor is about £40 from a Dealership ....)

David

the 4.2 is the big one... 2.5 the smaller. All cars after 2003 or so got the big one as standard.

It is very, very difficult to remove one screw holding it in place (behind the servo setup) and make sure you've got all the gaskets as otherwise it will leak everywhere.

- Bret

if there is headlamp washer jet, it should have a 4L reservior, otherwise its approx 2L. Try to empty ur screenwash reservior and add 1L of water (serveral times)into the reservior until it full.

Yes, Elsa-Win shows that although it is not necessary to remove the bumper, two bolts have to be removed from the motor/pump unit for the power steering, and also a bracket for the power steering hydraulic pipe. Presumably, this is to aid access to that retaining screw that you have intimated is difficult to remove, Bret? (or is it still going to be troublesome?) I will purchase the reservoir, water-level switch and four new associated bungs, seal and ring, from a Dealership .... this way, I will be confident that there will be no leaks in the system! My DIS unit will then have the facility to indicate the lower reservoir level, which I feel is worth having.

Back