Windscreen wiper motor urgent help!

irfan a8

Hi guys , the wiper on my tdi stopped working suddenly today, I've checked fuse and relay is also ok. Would anyone be able to tell me if the mechanism/motor off of a 1.4 petrol is same as the tdi as I have seen one for sale? Thanks for your help as with this weather I need to get it sorted pronto cheers

all A2's use the same wiper motor. Be sure to check for electrical continuity right up to the motor plug, it may be that you have a broken wire between fuse and motor.

blue skies
tony

Hi ok so checked and no live going to the wiper motor, is this a wire broken do u think or the stalk? Where would the wire break from?

Do you have ElsaWin - the electronic workshop manual for the car? There are wiring diagrams that will give you the location and pin numbers of the electrical circuit that feeds the wiper. It will have to be a tedious and perhaps long winded resolution but you will have to trace all the wires and test them at all points to identify where the break might be. You could try and put a direct feed to the motor to test that as well, just watch your fingers!

blue skies
tony

Ok thanks Tony, I will see what I can find further, I don't have elsa win though, otherwise will have to find a good auto electrician preferably someone who knows these cars! Any suggestions? I'm in Herts /London area. Cheers

Steve, thanks for the PDF docs, I think they will be very helpful, I will take a look at car again I'm the morning if I can't figure it out will be seeing an auto electrician, I'm sure the elsa win docs will aid him also. Thanks to all for helping will post upon further investigation. Best regards

Irfan

Back