windscreen wiper

makai10

does anyone know were i will get the cover for my windscreen wiper someone has stolen mine thinks it just a plastic front that clips over the windsceen wiper protecting the screws underneath

cheers

The cap is available as a seperate part and should cost around 70p from your local Audi dealer.

Cheers Spike

Little sods - people will take anything if it's not bolted down.

There are 2 caps available, a big one and a slightly smaller one. The part numbers are:

8Z0 955 205 - bigger one - £0.15
1J0 955 205A 9B9 - smaller one - £1.12

Yes, typical Audi pricing policy there.

Cheers,

Mike

wiper part

i tried to get one from my audi dealer and they are unable to get hold of one does any one have any ideas where to get one next. Audi recommended the only way to get one is buy the full arm costing 60 quid.
any one help??? cant find a scrap dealer with an a2 any where

I'm sorry to hear that your dealer is unwilling to get the caps for you, and yes, it is an unwillingness, not an inability, as the parts are still available, it's probable that they can't be bothered for such a small amount.

I'd suggest a different dealer and instead of asking for the parts, just quote the part numbers to them.

Cheers,

Mike

yeah i thought that. do you know what the part number is for the plastic cover (the bit that covers the blots on the arm its about 2 inch long)
cheers

Ah, are you referring to a cover that goes somewhere else?

I thought you meant the cover that goes over the bolts that hold the arm onto the spindles, that is what the 2 part numbers below are for.

If it is at the top part, near to where the blade attaches, then I'm afraid there are no spares available in this case.

Cheers,

Mike

Removing old one!

Still struggling to get old one off and replace with new floppy wiper plus arm.

Have followed guide but even with WD40 the shaft does not want to release.

Any tips?

Hi Lukas
You could try masking off the area then gently warming the end of the arm with a hot air gun. Whilt it is still hot 'work' the arm to release it from the tapered spindle.
If that does not work, beg, buy or borrow an extractor tool as mentioned in a previous post -
http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?item=1738&cat=544

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
I am still looking for it. It is not im my house so I will have a look into my garage, I will do this right now. (soon)

Back