Wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kslevi

I think its been covered before, and I know there are a couple of pics, but I wanted to check with others:

I've got a 2003 A2 1.4 SE, had it for just 2 weeks, and it has what I'd call a normal wiper blade that you get on most cars (although theres only 1 so its quite big) but the type with the wind deflector on the front, but I thought these were changed, cos I remember seeing a big floopy one (please-no jokes!) that looked like all rubber?

Can someone confirm what type they have, what I should have, and do I need to change it. As it hasn't realy rained yet I haven't used it so its not really a problem.

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

Hi,

Check the owners website - European owners - page three.
My red A2 has the new 2002 wiper blades.

Hope this helps !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Kslevi,

It’s a straight forward fact that there is more of a mystery about the new “aerodynamic” wiper than the mysteries of the Loch Ness monster. Funnily enough I believe “Nessy” has been sighted 6 times this year, but no one in the UK appears to have seen the new wiper which Audi UK have been advertising for the past 5 months on their website. This of course is not the situation in other European countries where A2 owners were enjoying the new wiper as long as 9 months ago.

Some might say that Audi UK cannot carry on projecting so much apathy, but what with claims of over colourful fuel consumption figures, and an all aluminium body which isn’t, it appears that the company have laws of their own – and woe betide any A2 owner who challenges it.

Regards
John Disdale

John, if I didn;t know better, I'd say you were having a go at Audi UK here...

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Hi,

I picked up my 1.6 FSi SE a week ago :D , it has got the new wubbery one, not had much rain yet so can't say how good it is.

So far so good, not a single problem yet.

Andy

Andy,

Step forward for your trophy, because I believe you are the first person in the UK to have an A2 fitted with the new wiper. Do remember rain is one thing, but the new aerodynamic wiper has been specifically designed to reduce air turbulence noise. Few A2 owners appreciate just how much noise the old wiper created when cruising at 80mph, however before everyone starts saying I want a new one fitted to my old car I was informed by Audi UK that such upgrades were not possible. That said it would appear that a forum member in Norway did make the change himself, so it’s likely another case where Audi UK do not know what they are talking about.

There is a further laugh to the topic of wipers when although my new Golf is only 4 weeks old it has what I regard as conventional wipers, but some new VW’s currently arriving have the new aerodynamic (all rubber) wipers like the Audi A2 (and new A6), however my understanding dealer is going to experiment to see if they will work on my car without any problem – so I sit in hopes.

Regards
John Disdale

JD,

i haven't made the change to my own A2 as this will come with the new
wiper design from Bosch (Bosch AeroTwin).

I just came across an article in a german VW/Audi magazine which describes the process of changing wiper arm to acommondate the new wiper design on the A2.

And you will be able to use the new wipers on your new Golf as long as you change the wiper arms (this also applies to the Bora, A3, Passat+++, the A4 is yet to come with the new wipers from Bosch).
You just need the part number of the wiper arms from a Golf equipped with this from the factory.
And then it's as easy as changing the wiper arms by loosening 2 nuts (1 on each arm), swapping them with the new ones, adjusting the position of the arms and then tightening the nuts again !

If you can't get your dealer to supply you with the parts number for this then give me a shout and I'll get it for you :)

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

Hi BK
I have a Golf aswell and would be interested in changing my wipers to the new ones, are you aware of any website that shows these wipers from Bosch
Regards stevo

Hi Stevo !

I'll have a look on the web to see if I can find some pictures of the
new wipers.

If not I can take a picture of one of our showroom cars at work.
But that will have to wait until monday :)
Or you can drop by your local dealer to wiew it there.
All Golfs produced after july should have the new wiper design.
At least that's the case here in Norway :)

Now I'm off to a birthday party for my grandma [:eek:)]

(I'll drop by the forum before bedtime tonight[:I])

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

Thanks Bk forget about the pic i was unaware that all golfs were supposed to have them since july i will contact my local vw garage on Mon and see what they have to say,at a hunch nothing because as get i have not seen any golfs here with them on i suspect it is the usual the Uk is last to get any updates on any cars i think.
Regards stevo

Stevo,

I know that my dealer does not have a problem in ascertaining the part numbers, but it’s just a question of compatibility. BK seems to believe it will not be a major problem, so that’s good enough for me at present. Of course we will have to replace arms and blades, and I’ve heard it rumoured that the total cost could be around £55. That said I hope my dealer shows willing – otherwise they will be receiving a letter.[8D]

What of course we now want for A2 owners is further feed back that the change can be made for those with the old wiper design.

Regards
John Disdale

Oh God, I don't belieeeeeve it! Another letter. [}:)] :D [}:)] [:eek:)]

icon_smile_cool.gif

My FSI has the big rubber wiper, seems quiet enough and it even removes rain from the windscreen - what a bonus.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

Can anyone point me to the advertisement on the Audi UK web site about the wiper blades? I have my dealer in mid complaint about my A2 (collected today) which did not have the rubbery wiper.

Anyone know the part numbers?

Ade,

So did your dealer look a little concerned as you started pouring petrol over the showroom floor ?

Seriously I am gobsmacked as to why your car does not have the floppy wiper (like an A6). This “new aerodynamic wiper” has been advertised on the Audi UK website for over 5 months, and apart from “Slicer” recently seeing one in a showroom you also have John Reynolds, BK, Dennis, and Andy who have them fitted on their own cars.

What I would suggest is that if a kind A2 owner who has the new wiper could telephone their dealer (quoting chassis number), and then ascertain the parts number for the arm and wiper blade – this would make for a step in the right direction. Unfortunately Dennis de Held cannot assist in the exercise because he does not have a RH drive car.

I have noted that most of the above individuals do own the FSI model, however for clarity I wish to confirm that when Audi UK started to advertise the new wiper this was before they advertised the FSI model. That said the FSI is of course an A2.

Personally I do not understand why your dealer could not look on their computer parts list in order to try and be more helpful. I can only presume your comments were regarded as an inconvenience, however I’m sure they managed to take your money without any problem or technical hitches.

Regards
John Disdale

Ade,

I'm in the same boat as you. New car, old wiper. Knowing what I know about my dealer (JD's old Audi haunt), I'd probably be needing some proof - preferably in blood from Audi's point of view - before any action is taken to make our car a full 2003 spec A2.

I'll be taking a trip to my dealer in the next few days to peruse the A2's on the forecourt and check out wiper design. Please let there be one there with a new style wiper...............

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Perhaps “Slicer” could confirm the dealership where he viewed the new wiper, and confirm whether it was a A2 petrol, TDI, or FSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back