WIPER MOTOR GROMMET Part number 8Z0-955-758

Birdfish

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share this part number + photos with you all.

(Wiper motor Grommet 8Z0-955-758) £3 from Arnold Clark Audi.

After replacing the cars wiper arm and blade I still had a terrible screeching noise, it turned out to be the grommet below the wiper arm where it attaches to the motor shafts this was over and above the other two parts being faulty and causing noise.

Greasing the original old part only stopped the noise till the next rain shower so it had to be replaced.

It can be fiddly to fit so make sure you do it right. I put some copper ease on the wiper shafts below to reduce any water build up.

Cheers

Doug

Attachments

• P1050394.jpg
    P1050394.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 299
  • P1050395.jpg
    P1050395.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 309
  • P1050396.jpg
    P1050396.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 263
  • P1050399.jpg
    P1050399.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 305
Update on this issue:

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier.

I noticed something that may be of interest here regarding the grommet squeak, my new Wiper arm end is thicker that the old one (that's the spline hole on the arm part closest to the grommet) it's about 5mm thicker than the original, I'd guess this is rubbing and whats causing the squeak, so if you've noticed the squeak after changing the wiper arm then this is what causes it by the looks.

I have the pin and retainer on the end on my wiper arm, not the old style hook, so you know.

I filed the grommet quite a bit to stop it but it comes back every so often, a tiny drop of copper ease or thick oil stops it for a while.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug

Update on this issue:

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier.

I noticed something that may be of interest here regarding the grommet squeak, my new Wiper arm end is thicker that the old one (that's the spline hole on the arm part closest to the grommet) it's about 5mm thicker than the original, I'd guess this is rubbing and whats causing the squeak, so if you've noticed the squeak after changing the wiper arm then this is what causes it by the looks.

I have the pin and retainer on the end on my wiper arm, not the old style hook, so you know.

I filed the grommet quite a bit to stop it but it comes back every so often, a tiny drop of copper ease or thick oil stops it for a while.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug
Hi Birdfish,
You could try silicone spray lubricant as this is designed for rubber lubrication etc.

keith

So... I just replaced my wiper motor. Looks like the one I took out has had water dripping on to it for a while from the rainwater drain in the 'scuttle'. When I run a hosepipe onto the windscreen it looks like the grommet is leaking water onto the wiper motor. Do I need a replacement grommet? Or does the grommet generally let water through? After the agony of replacing the wiper motor I'd hate for it to go the same way as the original one!

So... I just replaced my wiper motor. Looks like the one I took out has had water dripping on to it for a while from the rainwater drain in the 'scuttle'. When I run a hosepipe onto the windscreen it looks like the grommet is leaking water onto the wiper motor. Do I need a replacement grommet? Or does the grommet generally let water through? After the agony of replacing the wiper motor I'd hate for it to go the same way as the original one!
Get a new one from TPS or Audi as they wear oval , about £3 or £4 approx.

Back