Wiring schematic for headlight washer pump

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Has anyone got the knowledge of the wiring for headlight washer pump and the 615 relay connections?

Doing an upgrade and wpukd love to see a schematic to get it right.

Just a little bump on this has anyone got a diagram of the 615 relay etc? Thanks there's a red wire in pin 15# I'm trying tonwork out what it is.

Just a little bump on this has anyone got a diagram of the 615 relay etc? Thanks there's a red wire in pin 15# I'm trying tonwork out what it is.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 08.21.22.png

Mac.

Thank you @PlasticMac

IMG-20240129-WA0003.jpg

Here you can see my relay carrier, from a non headlight washer car. #15 has the red wire in the factory headlight washer car and the red green wire goes to the #6.

I guess the red wire being 30a is important as it gets switched to the #6 when conditions are met (headlight on and washer spray pulled) and feeds the main big pump?

Learning as I go!

So I can take a feed from 30a wire if can find it! 🤔 any one got a clue where I can source this or tap into a 30a feed?

Last edited:
Thank you @PlasticMac

View attachment 118414

Here you can see my relay carrier, from a non headlight washer car. #15 has the red wire in the factory headlight washer car and the red green wire goes to the #6.

I guess the red wire being 30a is important as it gets switched to the #6 when conditions are met (headlight on and washer spray pulled) and feeds the main big pump?

Learning as I go!

So I can take a feed from 30a wire if can find it! 🤔 any one got a clue where I can source this or tap into a 30a feed?
Can't see 30A on these circuit?
Basically, I think, the head light pump runs when the intermittent wipe is on, and the headlights are on. Switched from the intermittent wipe relay, J31. Pump power comes from J31, pin 6.
Mac.

Last edited:
Can't see 30A on these circuit?
Basically, I think, the head light pump runs when the intermittent wipe is on, and the headlights are on. Switched from the intermittent wipe relay, J31. Pump power comes from J31, pin 6.
Mac.
Mac
Thank you, B156 says 30a, looks like it feeds pin 15 on the relay, this is the one missing from mine, its empty, but not on the donor car though. So this maybe it?
@PlasticMac can you advise if a normal 6.xmm female spade connector fits in the realy carriers? Never done this so wondered if the gold female spade connectors are special and clip into the carrier etc?

Last edited:
Thank you, B156 says 30a, looks like it feeds pin 15 on the relay, this is the one missing from mine, its empty, but not on the donor car though. So this maybe it?
@PlasticMac can you advise if a normal 6.xmm female spade connector fits in the realy carriers? Never done this so wondered if the gold female spade connectors are special and clip into the carrier etc?
OK, see it now, it's an ignition switched live, I think. Component "D" is ignition switch. There is a phased in change, where two wires, both 12 volts, became one, see * below B156. Goes to pin 15 & 30. Does that help?
I think the headlight wash is triggered by the intermittent wipe, rather than the squirters, as it's connected to the intermittent wipe relay, J31, not by the stalk.
Not sure if the flag insert spade is the same as a standard spade, think the insert type has a little barb on the back, that latches it into the shell. Measure it across, could be 4.5 mm. I think you can buy the correct spades for the shell.
Be out for a while, back later.
Mac.
Have a look at P A Products on ebay:
Screenshot_20240131-113644.png

Last edited:
Thanks Mac this is great advice, yes the female spades are locked in tab that need releasing. Illtry and find some on that supplier and order a few of each size...i measured pin 6 at 6.3mm its a thick power cable, the HL washer pump is a beast it can fire the water 6ft out easy through a 15mm pipe!

Great shout on the intermittent wipe as that lets you use just screen wash first then when done and wipers come on the headlights get a jet from the second pump, otherwise it wouldnt work well both demanding water at same time, great stuff..

Grreat found the crimps with tabs on them! Thanks, just need to fathom the wiring now then, Ill get a photo of the donor cars wiring to see if I can copy that...

Im likely being thick, but this diagram doesnt have V5 on it? THe one i posted shows the headlight washer v11 and the pump v5 for the windscreen? SO there must be two types of diagram @PlasticMac. Sorry to keep asking questions!

Im likely being thick, but this diagram doesnt have V5 on it? THe one i posted shows the headlight washer v11 and the pump v5 for the windscreen? SO there must be two types of diagram @PlasticMac. Sorry to keep asking questions!
I think the problem is that my circuit was download from Audi Erwin, against my VIN, so not an exact match to yours.
For around 7.5 euros, you can download the correct schematic for your car. It'll come in handy, I gaurentee.
Mac.

I think the problem is that my circuit was download from Audi Erwin, against my VIN, so not an exact match to yours.
For around 7.5 euros, you can download the correct schematic for your car. It'll come in handy, I gaurentee.
Mac.
Why are you looking for the windscreen washer pump?
The headlight pump is separate, and switched separately, by J31, intermittent wiper relayn... I think.
Mac.

Good Evening,

I think Mac is right on date. What is your build year the digit before the N in the VIN if I remember correctly?

This any good? Curiously is a different edition to Mac, bottom right corner.

1706727478902.png

Andy

That's odd, Andy, the layout is different.
If you put this alongside my previous post, it all makes sense. I should have realised before. Better late than never ...
Screenshot 2024-01-31 19.03.41.png

Mac.

I really appreciate all the help here, also amazed at the number of schematics!!

My car is September 02 registered. The numbers before the N in the vin are 43. Car is 52 plate amf tdi. It came with out headlight washers things a retro fit swapping 602 relay out with 615.

I will take a look at all.mymconnections and colours currently and make sure I can relate to correct map. Where will e22 and e44 be located?

E22, are E44 in the the stalk. E44 is the pull to squirt, E22 is the first position on the wiper stalk, intermittent wipe. Second is normal speed wipe, third is high speed wipe.
Mac.

Back