Would these rub the arches a little?

Looks like you have a set of rare 'handed' Turbines there?

I was wondering if my 20's would fit my A2

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: chb
Wheels were from JCT600 Bradford. List price -10%. Taking into account the cost of tyres and fitting and the sophisticated tyre pressure monitors fitted to each wheel, I reckon the rims cost £110 each approx. They supply them handed so that the LH and RH always look as though they are pointing the same way! Nice attention to detail.

New i3's up until late 2015 had handed Turbines, until bmw decided to cost cut with the unhanded ones. So, looks like you got a great deal with those original Turbines.

Mine came with unhanded Turbines, although i swapped them for the 20's
5e82932e4347a2392f360a67ac065dc8.jpg

Slightly odd cost cut though...surely they have the moulds and CNC profiles for both rims sides, so the cost would have already been borne.

Slightly odd cost cut though...surely they have the moulds and CNC profiles for both rims sides, so the cost would have already been borne.

Yes, i'm not sure why they did it. Maybe to reduce part numbers? I think there were originally four part numbers for the handed ones? Or was it two?

I bought these winter wheels for my 2013 A2 surrogate. I suspect if I fitted them to the A2 then they may rub a smidge. ;-)

No serious answers please.

I have read about owners putting these on their i3 the wrong way round and they become noisy?

They are directional wheels.

The wheels on my i3 will be a surprise to me because I am not 100% sure if mine are the 20" or not.

Mine has the "Sport pack" and that has the 20" as an option, the leasing agent mentioned "double wheel style" but that refers to the 20" so I might be lucky.

I want the i3 to have bigger diameter wheels than my A2 so I am hoping they will be 20" .
One of the things about getting a new car on lease, is that you can never be sure of the spec, I know the minimum spec on mine and I am happy enough with that, but sometimes you discover you have one or two extras you didn't know about.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back