A2OC Donor
Hi

The ABS exclamation set came up and vagcom reported:

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Labels: 8Z0-907-379-MK20.lbl
Part No: 8Z0 907 379 B
Component: ESP 20 CAN V015 Coding: 10758
Shop #: WSC 00000 VCID: 479DBD9765582F26159-49D8
1 Fault Found: 00812 - Brake Pressure Release Solenoid (F84)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is this the one above the brake pedal and if so are any of the numbers above to be used in finding the right one?

Hi

The ABS exclamation set came up and vagcom reported:

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Labels: 8Z0-907-379-MK20.lbl
Part No: 8Z0 907 379 B
Component: ESP 20 CAN V015 Coding: 10758
Shop #: WSC 00000 VCID: 479DBD9765582F26159-49D8
1 Fault Found: 00812 - Brake Pressure Release Solenoid (F84)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is this the one above the brake pedal and if so are any of the numbers above to be used in finding the right one?

No,

That gives other codes (something like Brake switch "implausible signal" or something like that.

Are there any warning lights on the dash or any symptoms associated with the brakes?

If yes then it would be worth googling the 00812 error code.

Steve B

The Gendan site states the following

00812 - Brake Pressure Release Solenoid (F84) Possible Causes

• Switch for Brake Recognition (F83) faulty
  • Wiring to Switch for Brake Recognition (F83) faulty
  • Brake Booster faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
  • Check Wiring to Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
  • Check Brake Booster

Apparently the rogue sender is on the vacuum servo under the master cylinder (at least on a TT it is and the A2 may well have it in the same place. It may not be a DIY job though.
Steve B

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I can't get it to show all the lights again in a short drive this morning but when it happened it was the red exclamation in the centre cluster, the yellow exclamation with an arrowed circle on the left dial and a yellow ABS on the right dial. The yellow exclamation is the one that comes on when I also press the ASR button.

Braking does not seem to be any different but then I am jumping between 3 different cars these days so could be confusing myself.

Perhaps related or not is that the morning before a noise seemed to come from the driver front, it sounded like I had caught a piece of metal but on very quick inspection by the roadside (and in a suit) could not see anything obvious. It went away a little later.

Check Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
Check Wiring to Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
Check Brake Booster

For each of those possible solutions what is the action I need to take?

What does "brake recognition" mean - is that checking that the rear lights go on and off at the correct time?

Check Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
Check Wiring to Switch for Brake Recognition (F83)
Check Brake Booster

For each of those possible solutions what is the action I need to take?

What does "brake recognition" mean - is that checking that the rear lights go on and off at the correct time?

The ABS system detects the rotational speed of the wheels and also (apparently) uses the brake switch to tell it when you have applied the brakes.
If your brake switch is not operating properly (or even if the brake light bulbs have blown) the system detects the car slowing but doesn't detect the brake pedal being pressed (brake recognition) I think the term may have been translated from German and so rather than saying brake switch or brake operation they are calling it brake recognition.

You really should get someone to check that your brake lights are working EVERY time. When they fail it can be very intermittent.

Steve B

Back