X carlink

Pdeuce

Hi I have bought an xcarlink kit sku 718 with the speaker connection. I have a single din dashboard and thinking of drilling the cubby under the radio and threading the cables through the back of the cubby mounting the xcarlink box inside the cubby towards the back. With the x carlink in the cubby the USB cable could be connected for charging phones. Anybody fitted one of these could I have suggestions what methods have worked for them. Thanks

Hi I have bought an xcarlink kit sku 718 with the speaker connection. I have a single din dashboard and thinking of drilling the cubby under the radio and threading the cables through the back of the cubby mounting the xcarlink box inside the cubby towards the back. With the x carlink in the cubby the USB cable could be connected for charging phones. Anybody fitted one of these could I have suggestions what methods have worked for them. Thanks
Evening,

I had one of these fitted in my old Ebony Black BBY commuter which I subsequently transferred to Project OEM before installing the RNS-E along with AMI.

There is no real requirement to any cutting or drilling. The Xcarlink fits quite easily and safely down near the hazard relay. Utilising a long enough USB lead, you can route it from that very location and have it appear from just below the ashtray to reach wherever you position your phone/device that needs charging. Hope that makes sense.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom for the advice much appreciated. Will probably route the the microphone underneath the panel below the steering wheel and up the seal of the drivers door.

Thanks Tom for the advice much appreciated. Will probably route the the microphone underneath the panel below the steering wheel and up the seal of the drivers door.
Evening,

No problems and always happy to assist where I can.

If you’re routing anywhere near the steering column please ensure it’s secured so it cannot drop and get caught up in the moving parts. In the past when I’ve routed from the head unit aperture to the OS of the vehicle I like to stay well clear of that area by removing the instrument cluster then following the existing runs up and behind the instrument cluster then down toward the top of the fuse box then to the OS A pillar.

There are different ways to achieve what you’re wanting to do, just ensure the mic cable is clear from the steering column if you proceed as planned.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back