xenon bulb upgrades

manhattan$

Past Member
hello,

can anyone confirm that the headlight bulbs for an a2 are H7 , H3 , 501 .

the reason i ask is that i have a set of philips xenon blue vision bulbs from my old TT and if the above is correct i would only need to order the H3 bulbs.

also would it be worth changing the front orange headlight indicator bulbs to the philips silver ones? im not sure if the indicator has a orange lens though?

thanks, paul.

The headlight bulbs are H7's. I currently have Osram Silverstar installed in my A2 and are reasonable compared to my E46 316i SE which had these installed which were superb.

Have been looking at Diadem Indicator Bulbs to install into the A2 but am not sure if these will make the desired impact of no orange showing.

thanks wookiee,

i am getting confused over the right bulbs i have checked on powerbulbs and autobulbs direct and they are giving me different answers to which bulbs i need.

can anyone confirm that the high beam bulbs are h3 or are the h3's the fog light bulbs?

powerbulbs say h3=high beam,and autobulbs say i need h1's? :confused:

Remove the bonnet and look for a yellow sticker on the top of the headlight casing. The bulb types are printed on the edge of the sticker.

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
wooly A2 said:
Now thats what i call keen .......

lol,well......

theres just not enough a2 tdi sports around!
they are either too far away>but right spec,or a few miles down the road with>the wrong spec :(

also i forgot to ask,
how do i get 10% off vagparts as i am a member of this site?

theres a few things i want to order! :rolleyes:

manhattan$ said:
also i forgot to ask,
how do i get 10% off vagparts as i am a member of this site?

theres a few things i want to order! :rolleyes:
We are in the process of renewing our association with all our old partners
and i will be speaking to vagparts hopefully tommorrow about this so i will let you know on how much discount we will be offered i dont no if you are aware of this but the site has been taken over by a consortium of members recently and we are in a transitional period the likelyhood is that you will need to purchase one of our new discount cards and maybe quote a reference number to vagparts when you order your new parts things will be a little clearer when i speak to them tommorrow ..........

You need H7 and H3 to replace all headlight bulbs.
Autobulbs and funnily enough my copy of Elsa both say H1&H7 for the head lights which is wrong? :confused:

In fact just had another look at ElsaWin and although quite clearly the diagram shows a bulb with a wired connector (i.e. a H3 bulb) the marking says H1 So autobulbs are only wrongly quoting Audi!

Last edited:
cheers jimbob,

i have just had to change my order through powerbulbs.

after viewing a bulb fitting guide link on here and looking at autobulbs they quoted H1. also i think most fog lights have H3 so i thought they must be H1's

so i went with that. lol

luckily they have not been dispatched so hopefully they will get my mail to change them to H3.

i will phone them in the morning.

Back