Yet another Stealth success story.

Peter Markham

A2OC Donor
Hi all
After our 2001 Tdi 75 hp SE was vastly improved by Vince and Co shortly after we brought the car (big service, cambelt, wheel bearings, and disks ) we planned some more mods.
I thought a remap, with the higher top gear, and cruise control would be a good plan.
Vince and the boys did a great job. I am delighted with the way the car goes right from 1000 revs to 4000 so smoothly, it is transformed with so much more power.The acceleration from 70 mph in the higher top is impressive, as is the growl. Also the mpg is better with the first tank after the mods giving 60.4, the previous one was 57.8!
I would highly recommend Stealth for servicing and remaping. They know A2's very well. I am very pleased we found Stealth via this forum.
Thanks for all the helpful posts, the one for stopping the clicking door check strap was most useful.
I will try to add the bhp and torque graphs.
Cheers
Peter

Attachments

• BF51 Power.jpg
    BF51 Power.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 363
  • BF51 Summary.jpg
    BF51 Summary.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 357
  • BF51 Torque.jpg
    BF51 Torque.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 368
I had cruise and the longer 5th added and a remap done within a short space of time (Skipton + Stealth). They're a great trio of mods that turn the TDI into a quality motorway cruiser. Enjoy!

Tom

The torque curve of the original engine is pretty funny really - it's so peaky and falls off so quickly over 2.5k - no wonder the stock engine always felt like it gave up and no wonder a decent remap does so much to change the behaviour of the engine - higher torque sustained for much longer in the rev range, combined with more power earlier and for longer too.

Enjoy the cruise/ remap / longer 5th trinity mod! I have the same on my car - as Tom says it does make for a much improved motorway cruising car - quieter, more flexible and more relaxing to drive, and a little bit more economical too.

Back