Your Doors falling off slowly, warrenty issue?

Primea2

Hay hay all. Well the time has come....contact with the dealer has to be made. I have an irritating whistle coming from my passenger door (sounds like window is open a tad) went to audi an it was finally diagnosed as the doors dropping so the seals where not making a totally flush contact, however no rain is coming in. I assumed the doors falling down/off slowly would be a warrenty issue. However John Fox said no. whats your thoughts am I right to assume that buying an Audi means your doors dont sag in the first 2 and abit years of ownership? Thoughts on this appreciated!

P.s - John fox wanted to change 70£ a door to put it right?

I've had numerous cars over the years including FIAT Unos,126 ,and several Minis(old shape) none of which are particularly renowned for there build quality and yet have never had a problem with the doors sagging/dropping.
So IMO the doors dropping on a car made by a premium brand such as AUDI should be unheard of,I would like to see them justify how this should have a occurred on a reasonable new car during normal use in such a short period of time?

I think I too may have a similar problem, but on my drivers door. I keep thinking the window is open slightly, as there's a definate whistle present above about 40 mph

doors falling off

I purchased my A2 from John Fox Nottm,If this is their standard of service it causes concern!My previous car (VW)had a problem with both doors dropping went to the dealer,fault rectified FOC while i waited.If the doors have dropped within the warrenty period it is a warrenty repair...DO AUDI HO KNOW WHATS HAPPENING TO ITS CUSTOMERS?

interesting....

thanks for your feedback. I might go in there again and get them to again justify thier decision to NOT rehang the doors.....I cant tell you how dissapointed I am to have a simple thing like the doors sagging be charged for when its under manufactures warrenty for another half year....i'd expect it from somone like peugoet but never from Audi. Dissapointing, watch out A2A2.....

The passenger door on my a4 was hanging down quite badly so i took it to my local Audi centre who sorted it for £50

I've booked my A2 into South Hereford Audi next week to get my possible sagging door issue (or whatever is making the whilstling noise) looked at, as well as a replacement gear knob due to the sharp bits of metal now cutting my hands... :(

They stated the gear knob will be warranty, but that the door issue wouldn't.. This seems insane! I had a similar problem with a MK4 SEAT Ibiza I previously owned - and that was sorted under warranty by the dealer.... :confused:

A little clarification is needed here I think..

Ian

As I 've posted in another recent thread, try Consumer Direct - who were set up for exactly this type of question. You can find them on the web easily enough.
Hopefully if more people call them, we won't have to put up with the bulls**t we come to (sadly) expect from our dealers.

The Golf 3 three door was notorious for its sagging doors. It usually afflicts 2 door cars with long heavy doors. A lightweight aluminium door that is also probably the smallest and shortest door fitted to any car ever (yes go and have a look at how short they are) won't sag in my opinion. But funnier things have been known to happen... But in this instance I have my doubts...

My A2 just returned from South Hereford Audi, they investigated the whistling and checked the doors - but found no fault :( They had booked the fault in as a warranty issue. On the up side, I now have a new gearknob :)

Well, Smith Knight Fay in Stockport rehung my door when the car was about a year old - needed a new pin in the retainer too. All free of charge!

A quick way to check suspect door seals and panel fit is to tape up the window surround etc. with masking tape. Clamber in the opposite side door, go for a test drive and check for wind noise.

Cheers Spike

whistling too!

Mine's just started to whistle from the OSF door above 40mph!! Happy days! At least I know what it could be now. And when I look in my OS wing mirror, the "scraper" moulding at the window sill is definitely lower than the OSR door.

Hi Guys

Hay guys, what I thought would be a quick post has reveiled perhaps a fairly common problem this is rather worrying. I suggest each of us take our issue to your local Audi, anyone who gets it sorted for free post a reposne an the rest of us "rejects" can use it as an angle for attack.

As I've already posted, Smith Knight Fay in Stockport have completely sorted my sagging drivers door out and replaced a retaining pin to boot, all free of charge.

Drivers door

My drivers door does not close smoothly, it's as if the checkstrap is sticking in 2 places. I've looked and can't see anything obvious, so I took it to Mr Audi who said that it needs a new hinge....well OK if that's what they say. The cost will be £225 including a charge of £60 to send the hinge to a body shop to be sprayed. I said I'll spray it, they replied that it has to be done to Audi standards!
I've told them to do it because The big C is catching up on me an I really can't put up with the hassle. But £225? Incidentally they did say it would probably have to be welded on. Yeah I know, obviously he doesnt.

Had the same problem with a poor shutting door and noticed that the leading rubber moulding that shuts onto the A pillar next to the front quarter light was not flush. One of the hinges (top one) was loose. So after some fiddling re adjusted it myself with a torx alan key. I was concerned that the paint might come off the hinge etc - but it didn't. It now closes flush. Never had this problem with my first A2.

Audi Robinson rehung my drivers door (similar problem whistling sound) in warranty without any hassle, it sounds like a cop out to me.

Doctor

Swindon Audi re-hung my driver's door whilst in for service, didn't charge me extra, and it sorted the whistling noice.

Back