Aluminium Fatigue

Steve,
thanks, I did not know! Although we have the same software in the German forum. But there you see the attachments (uploadet) but not the linked images!
I can not link to an image in the german forum because you need to be registered and logged in to see the image. But there are images in the gallery open to everyone and even these links did not work, so I uploaded them and now you have the images save here. Here is one link to the first page:
(the following image is not uploadet here, it is a link. So it is not on the attachment list)

attachment.php

Fatigue Doors

Went to Blackburn Audi (Lookers) met with puzzled service person who within 15 seconds of being on the Audi system saw info, recognised issue and booked my car in . I have to say (pending the work) the Audi experience was superb, gave them all my details for the work . Then as I walked away from the garage I had a text confirming service time date and need to submit docs , very slick.

Steve

Just out of curiosity are those people who are having the work done free by Audi getting a curtesy car included??.

Andyman , to answer your question when I queried when I could get there they said a courtesey car would be provided. I will advise if this doesnt happen

Steve

coutesy car

mine's in on monday evening at wakefield and will i'm told take three days ?? maybe they are busy..? they offered me a courtesy car I hope it is the a6 avant 2.7 tdi i had last time!

No new door anymore!
This was only done for cars still in warrenty and until this repair-kit came out! Now, since march, there is the 20€ cheap repair solution (plus paint and work, so it is 150-200€ each door) but this repair kit is in backorder not available yet! Audi had withdrawn it. Maybe is not good for anything than optical beauty? :confused:
We will see.

Update: Repair-kit should be available in may.

Last edited:
Audi Sweden has agreed to install the repair kits for both my doors free of charge, even though my car is out of the two year warranty. :)
They will get back to me when they receive the kits.

If you have a legitimate case of door cracking, then press the matter with the service manager, who IS well aware of the situation.

Any further problems, please get me their contact details and I'll chase it up.

Cheers,

Mike

At this time (in Germany) the door crack problem is not in the Audi software system anymore! Because the parts are not deliverable now but should be in beginning of may.

doors fixed

mine was done at wakefield last friday, the car they gave me was an A4 tdi cab with 7 speed dsg and paddles very nice would trade a2 inlike a shot if i had spare cash...

Glad you're sorted Paul - nearing completion of reconstructing the mfsw wiring for you too, so we'll get that done in the next few weeks, giving you less reason to ditch the A2!

One small point - it's a tiptronic or mulrtitronic box on the A4 Cab - DSG is for transverse cars only at the moment.

Cheers,

Mike

I saw a person in A2 courtesy car today, branded (insurance) company all over. I wonder if they liked it :D

mine was done at wakefield last friday, the car they gave me was an A4 tdi cab with 7 speed dsg and paddles very nice would trade a2 inlike a shot if i had spare cash...

Did they install the repair kit that is told to be unavailable?

If you have a legitimate case of door cracking, then press the matter with the service manager, who IS well aware of the situation.

Any further problems, please get me their contact details and I'll chase it up.

Cheers,

Mike

Parts on back order I have just been told, so I assume that tallys with what should be done? ie, they have acknowledged the problem.

Back