Big help needed. Engine fails

90ps tdi

Bret,

Try motoso.de
They had a few listed for sale last week. Good luck.

Didier

update

I think we are going down this route http://www.vegeuk.com/engines.php.. We've been recommended them & they sound really good + have 12 month guarantee. Seems like our best choice... Fontain Audi said .... "not our problem". Audi UK said, "Not our problem". Thanks sooo much fontains for selling me a car with 50,000 miles on a full audi service history car thats engine blew up after 5 months steady driving. And thanks to Audi UK.... seems like a full book of audi service history MEANS DIDDLY SQUAT. Any who ....rant over .... many many thanks to my A2 brothers for help & support. You came through....

Didn't think you would get anything out of Audi, when you go for the engine it will be timed up, ask them what wateer pump they have fitted make sure its one with the metal impella as the plastic ones are crap

Phil

90 ..?

noted phil.. ty

Guys ... as I am shellin out muchos dosh .... can i get them to make the engine a 90bhp...? or does that require electronic jiggery pokery...?

X Bammers

The 90 is due to tuning and having a veriable vain turbo plus dual mass flywheel and i would suspect someother stuff to boot, they can bore them out to make them bigger ie not a 1397 L or what ever the 1.4 is, then up to a 1457 which in turn would give more HP, you could always ask what effect this would have

Phil

Hi bammers,
VEGE are good. During our 12mth gaurantee on the engine the tappets started getting noisey. I rang them in Chesterfield and they arranged for the whole tappets etc to be renewed at a garage of their choice near to where l lived, which was done in a day with no problems.
( But there again is this a good advert for their engines ??? For it to develop a fault within the first 12mths ?????? )

Hi bammers,
VEGE are good. During our 12mth gaurantee on the engine the tappets started getting noisey. I rang them in Chesterfield and they arranged for the whole tappets etc to be renewed at a garage of their choice near to where l lived, which was done in a day with no problems.
( But there again is this a good advert for their engines ??? For it to develop a fault within the first 12mths ?????? )

The engine didn't fail and you only got a tappet noise, to me if they sorted it with no cost to you and you not having to travel to them, it does show good customer service.

Do you know if the tappets are hydraulic or not i would say that they would be, as i use to recondition engines many moons ago, from time to time you sometimes get 1 that the seals fail, so it could have been a 1 off

Phil

update

We threw a large portion of caution to the wind. Bought a new engine from Audi Knaresborough. 4500 fitted . 2 year warranty & free jar of audi sweets ..... sweeeeeeet . Just gotta book a few hours overtime to pay for it ... did I say hours..... i meant years ....

We threw a large portion of caution to the wind. Bought a new engine from Audi Knaresborough. 4500 fitted .

Wow! :eek: Thats a serious wad of overtime indeed. Glad your lovely wee car is back up and running the way it should be and hopefully thats your slice of bad luck portioned out. Let us know what the Audi sweets are like :p

We threw a large portion of caution to the wind. Bought a new engine from Audi Knaresborough. 4500 fitted . 2 year warranty & free jar of audi sweets ..... sweeeeeeet . Just gotta book a few hours overtime to pay for it ... did I say hours..... i meant years ....

Hey Bammers, Glad to see your sorted now, big wonga though, but peace of mind with the warranty. ;)

Cheers

Sarge

Back