convenience module part number

the last letter. M, E, B, C, N.....

The part number itself is 8Z0959433. The index is very important. If it's broken, send it to Lau from the German forum, he can fix them. Certain indexes have well known problems and some are more reliable than others.

Bret

I expect so, there appears to be a couple of weak points in the design. I am of the understanding that parts will also be replaced with uprated ones to significantly reduce the probablility of it happening again. As I wrote, though, please try to co-ordinate amongst yourselves as it will save time and money to move a replacement CCU around in the UK rather than back to the continent!

Bret

faulty units known to me (actually all units with index <M are faulty to my experience):
433 C
433 D
433 J
433 K
433 S

problem free units:
433 M
433 AE
433 N

Last edited:
Hi Lau,
Welcome to the A2oc.
Faulty CCU's are becoming quite common in the UK so its interesting to see which units are problem free.

Cheers Spike

central convenience module - add to the list

Hello there,
I had joined a while ago - with a still shiny A2 and found interesting stuff....thx for that.
Now rather dusty (ashy?) and needs help.

A2 TDI '51 reg.

so any guess my first real problem is about?.... yes that friendly CCM
Finally decided to get it fixed after 6 months no central locking windows, fuel flap etc.
Looking at this thread today - it seems like a weekly topic!
Mine started with the lights flickering, then alarm, then hazzard lights randomly, so similar tale

first an answer - unit number is : 8ZO 959 433 Q
so yeah add that model to the list!
Im a bit worried that it wasn't already listed. It only appears in a web search in the BAA Reman website. Without the letters in german or Polish used adds..So any ideas where to get a replacement UK based, mainland you might say these days?

So question: do I ask them to have a look at it - at least £100 + VAT quote to remanufacture? Or look for spares,
And another question: How to take it out, and can the car run with it unplugged. e.g if I send it be fixed.
Oh and
And no I cant afford the dealer price!

Any ideas appreciated.

Jim

Hi Jim
Ref the posts above, Lau offers a CCU repair service to German A2oc members. It is possible he will do the same for UK owners. I don't think you could run the car without the convenience unit so you would be off the road for a week or two.
Its easy to remove as the bottom plate is located with tags on both sides of the tray. Just use your fingers on the inside of the tray to press the tags outwards

Cheers Spike

I don't think you could run the car without the convenience unit so you would be off the road for a week or two.
I could send a working 8Z0959433C unit to UK so you could drive around a week or two while your one being repaired
do I ask them to have a look at it - at least £100 + VAT quote to remanufacture?
my price is 80 EUR plus shipment (with garantee)

Last edited:
OK, thanks for your replies Spike + Lau.

So i got the unit out, easier than I thought.
Im intrigued now what is inside this black box...microcontroller? relays?
Actually no further faults/restrictions with it unplugged. Other electrics working fine, there is a bit of vorsprung design there.

Lau, thats sounds like a good service, could you send me a message with your details, please.

cheers,

Jim

Once a module is repaired, you'll need VCDS to code and rematch the keys to the car, so yes, VAG COM is necessary.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike
What is a VCDS? and do you (Mike) rematch keys to car or is the procedure an Audi option only

Thanks

A2O2

Back