Next Project - Heated Leather TT front Seats

craigyb

A2OC Donor
So I've bought these heated front and rear seats, only need the fronts as I don't have back seats in the car, just need to work out how to fit them in and wire them to a set of heater controls.

Need to swap my aircon panel for a heated seats version, buy a wiring loom and make some brackets, should be that straight forward......

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
No they cost me slightly more than that, but they seemed in the best condition.

From ebay, but a local seller. Why?

Last edited:
Missed a set on eBay by 5 mins
They were mint and I wanted them for my TT. My heated seat is only working on the sides of the base

J

My progress so far.... I guess this is what Audi would call half leather?

Attachments

• tt_seats.jpg
    tt_seats.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 611
Would be good to see them, especially how you have mounted the seats and I guess the heater controls, did you get heated seats and replace the AC control unit?

not done the heaters yet, but they are going to be done before winter just got the seats in and the rears recoverd at the min ..

Last edited:
Would like to break this down if possible as I can't seem to find the answers! (Looked at the linked thread)

1. Is it just 2 small adaptor brackets needed to make the TT seats fit?
2. If so is anyone prepared to make some for me! (what exactly is needed?)
3. Are the airbag connections the same?
4. Would it be possible to just have the heated seat switch on the side of the seat to minimise the dash switch problem.
5. If number 4. is possible does anyone know of suitable switches and if a feed can be taken from the airbag wires.

Sorry to ask so many questions but with 2 kids under 3 yrs, everything needs to be quick and simple, know what I mean!
Fnar Fnar!

...and if a feed can be taken from the airbag wires.

Definitely not! Heating elements require LOTS of current.
It is possible to build the controls into the seat itself, though. You can either buy the adjustment dials individually or VW also sell simple rocker switches where the seat is either off, half-power or full power.

Tom

Last edited:
1. Is it just 2 small adaptor brackets needed to make the TT seats fit?

I had to make 3 brackets altogether for each seat, I bought two joist brackets from B&Q and cut the parts I needed out them

2. If so is anyone prepared to make some for me! (what exactly is needed?)

Not me.

3. Are the airbag connections the same?

Yes they were the same

4. Would it be possible to just have the heated seat switch on the side of the seat to minimise the dash switch problem.

If you could mount a set of heated seat switches anywhere else then yes it is possible. I was looking at a set of A4 B5 chassis switches and mounting them somewhere. But I have decided to go with a genuine A3 8L soul black aircon panel that I am going to modify and I have bought an A3 heated seat wiring loom.

5. If number 4. is possible does anyone know of suitable switches and if a feed can be taken from the airbag wires.

As posted previously you need a lot of current for heated seats so good feeds from the fuse box of perm feed and a switched live and lighting

Last edited:
Ok, got the seats in, ordered the heater controls and wiring loom. SO next weekend maybe....

Attachments

• A2-seats.jpg
    A2-seats.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 604
Lol
I've had some Golf Mk4 recaros for about 9 months and still haven't got around to welding my subframes to fit them

Love the speed of your progress

A slightly embarrassed Jason.

Back