Another Timmus Road Trip: Requests Welcome

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello fellow A2 enthusiasts,

I've had a number of requests for my services from club members down south so am hoping to piece together another road trip. I need to be back home by Saturday 7th May and will need the next few days to make preparations, but otherwise I've got a fair degree of flexibility. So, to all those who'd like a visit, please post your requests either in this thread or in a private message to me.

The logistics of planning such a trip can get complicated due to the locations and availability of all those involved, so unfortunately I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to honour every request, but I will do my very best.

So far I've had requests to fit numerous cruise control systems, numerous DIS instrument clusters, provision for heated seats, a multifunction steering wheel, provision for OEM parking sensors, headlight washers, lumbar support, etc. A majority of the forum are familiar with the scope of the services that I can offer whilst 'on the move', but please feel free to get in touch simply to discuss the options available.

There are some photos from my last A2-themed road trip in this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?29517-Timmus-Down-South-Any-Requests&p=245580#post245580

Apologies for the short notice on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
I would recommend to all timmus services, tom I will text need a simple fix if you can fit us in.
Cheers
Colin

Tom, if you are passing through Manchester on either your outward or return journey, I would appreciate your help with:
- adjusting gear linkage so that 1st gear is easier to find
- fitting a replacement door rubber seal/gasket 8Z0 837 393 4PK

All the best, Andrew

I seem to have been unfortunate in not getting to see you on your previous road trip. So I'm asking again if you might be able to pay me a visit, either going or returning from your trip Southwards? Thanks, Tom.

David

Hi Tom,

If you're passing my way I'd be grateful if you could quickly fit a loom to my front fogs. I am now using the eBay auto lights with front fog but also have a headlight switch with front fog if it was needed for the install.

I have the cash ready and waiting and should be able to send you on your way fed and watered.

Kind regards,

Tom

I seem to have been unfortunate in not getting to see you on your previous road trip. So I'm asking again if you might be able to pay me a visit, either going or returning from your trip Southwards? Thanks, Tom.

David

Hi David,

I've sent you a PM. Hopefully it'll work out this time.

If you're passing my way I'd be grateful if you could quickly fit a loom to my front fogs. I am now using the eBay auto lights with front fog but also have a headlight switch with front fog if it was needed for the install.

I have the cash ready and waiting and should be able to send you on your way fed and watered.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for the kind offer. A front fogs loom is packed and Coalville is on the route. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Today tom ( timmus ) came to see me today, first call on his journey south, and yet another great job and a eye for fault finding and repairs.

Woooooo how I miss this what would I need for auto dimming mirror and cruise control for the missus car? Also have 2 keys if got em cut can u code them to work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I can,t blame him for migrating South - he,s obviously trying to find warmer weather !. :)

It is freezing cold down here too!!!

Like the polar bear cub said to its mum, "Am I a Polar bear?"

The mum says "Yes son you are"

The cub says "Are you sure mum?"

"Yes I am sure" says the mum

The cub says "Then why is it so flipping cold!!!"

Steve B

David

I just wanted to say I'm super impressed with Toms professional approach to retro fitting all the upgrades I've had done. . His standards are at least on a par with Audi factory & certainly beyond dealership .. it was like an Audi production line both tdi & fsi had cruise & komfortblinker fitted simultaneously ..along with HIDS 55w 6000k colour range ..with various other jobs done that Tom discovered like the dis on the fsi was disabled because some previous owner had fitted a new stalk without the necessary push button to scroll through the menu ... all in all a fantastic achievement in a day ... to the very highest of standards but I guess all you guys know this already if uv used his services .. I've already given Tom the list for the next trip ..

Yes

and thanks again from me Tom for completing my headlamp washer conversion. I had the "eager equipped" bumper fitted during the colour change and have put up with non functioning headlamp washers until now (my fault).

Another superb job by Tom and to his usual standards (I.e. Better than OEM)

i have another list already started, which includes a unusually positioned reversing camera!!

Cheers Tom

Steve B

Last edited:
The "unusually positioned camera" sort of reminds me of the uncomfortable colonoscopy i had last year. :)

Last edited:
The "unusually positioned camera" sort of reminds me of the uncomfortable colonoscopy i had last year. :)
I had the "Willycam" and that makes your eyes water.
I tried humour with the doctor, he didn't get it.

When I was looking at the images (full colour) I remarked, "this is just like looking up an old friend"

Tumbleweed !!!

Steve B

Back