A2 Bodykit

outbid!

Oh well, nearly. Had my limit in mind but it went for £20 over in the end!
Always next time...:)

found another!

Sorted! Found one for a very reasonable £110 from ebay. Just need the pennies for spraying and fitting.....

toby1 said:
Sorted! Found one for a very reasonable £110 from ebay. Just need the pennies for spraying and fitting.....

So you were the one that got that. :(

I REALLY wanted that, but the auction ended before I had a chance to place a bid because I was on the road at the end of that auction.

Do you want to sell it to me for 125 ? :)

Bodykit

Hi There,
I Got My Full Bodykit Off Ebay A Couple Of Weeks Ago.i Paid £150 Including Shipping.[very Cheap].
Car Looks Fantastic With It On But Was Very Hard To Fit On My Own.
I Did It But It Took Me 5 Hours[you Have To Glue It On ,take All The Wheels Off,drill Holes In Both Front And Back Bumpers And Skirts.then Line Everything Up And Tape It Into Position.
Then You Leave The Car For 1 Day Without Driving It For The Glue To Dry.
Then I Spent 2 Hours Cleaning Up All The Glue That Got On The Rest Of The Car[body Kit Is Very Floppy And Hard To Control].
But I Think Its Worth It.
Does Anyone Know When The Vw/audi Day Is At Croft [darlington] As I Would Like To Meet Up With Other A2 Drivers.
Cheers Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
The seller on ebay was someone who buys old (new) dealer stock. The only downside is the glue supplied in the kit is out of date. I used to work in a bodyshop and still have contacts there, which is where I'll try to have it sprayed and fitted.
I'm pretty sure my old workmates will have some suitable substitute glue.
But for that price I don't really mind. I still hope to have it fitted for under £500 all in, including the purchase price of the kit. More like real-world prices than the £1600-1700 mark!!

I would have thought that black silicone would do the trick of adhering the trim to the car, especially the rear spoiler. Get a good quality builders silicone adhesive and you're laughing.

Hi toby1
If your bodyshop mates can get hold of it, one of the best adhesives available is Sikaflex.

Cheers Spike

toby1 said:
The seller on ebay was someone who buys old (new) dealer stock. The only downside is the glue supplied in the kit is out of date. I used to work in a bodyshop and still have contacts there, which is where I'll try to have it sprayed and fitted.
I'm pretty sure my old workmates will have some suitable substitute glue.
But for that price I don't really mind. I still hope to have it fitted for under £500 all in, including the purchase price of the kit. More like real-world prices than the £1600-1700 mark!!

Any chance of the sellers details mate, I want a bodykit for my new A2 aswell. Its time to start work on it!

2004 Audi A2 SE

A2Look said:
Any chance of the sellers details mate, I want a bodykit for my new A2 aswell. Its time to start work on it!

2004 Audi A2 SE

Yep, the seller was pscuk. Don't know if he has another at the moment.

Back