15" Pepperpots

Keithb

15" Pepperpots (ROC Wheels!)

Hello.

I recently fitted some A3 15" Pepperpot wheels (winter wheels), with 175/60 tyres and they are very comfortable indeed. The main thing I've noticed is how much lighter they are than the stock Sport alloys, but another thing I've noticed is how far inboard they sit (they are the correct offset). Will I mess things up a lot if fit some of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk

O by the way here are some pictures

IMG_8721.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

Last edited:
I believe its a standard basic black (Brilliant Black). It shines up pretty well, and when I get a chance to lay down another coat of Collinite 915 (Wax :)), it should look a hint deeper/wetter after washing and drying. :)

Keithb,

I remember thinking that those wheels never really suited the A3 but I do think they look quite excellent on your A2. A good choice for a winter wheel. What tyres did you fit to them?

Cheers Iain :)

In the end I went for 175/60/15 Hankook's. I searched around for a while looking for a good price/brand, and these Hankooks came up at £220 fully fitted, valved and balanced at a local Tyre place.

They actually grip a lot better than I thought they would. :D

We're in good company John! If they are good enough for ROC racing buggies, then they are more than good enough for my little A2. :D

Indeed, it would be interesting to know why they were chosen for those buggies, probably because they are quite light and strong.

Think I might buy a second set!

;)

Possibly because they are insanely light as well for a 15" alloy wheel. I was stunned at the weight difference between the 17" Sport wheels and these 15" ROC (;)) wheels.

Hmm, tempting!

I did a Google image search on ROC buggies, and they seem to have two types of wheels, either the Audi pepperpots, or original Porsche forged Fuchs, probably also in 15" size, these also being light and strong. These are a long way from being interchangeable though (much different PCD's) so an odd choice.

I think the 15" pepperpots look great on the A2, so much so that I am contemplating getting a set for Gertrude.
As much as I love the look and feel of the 17" RS4s they can be a pain in the butt! I am always paranoid about kerbing them. I have done this on a couple of occasions - only lightly - but enough to get me supremely annoyed :mad:
So having a 15" set for the daily drive and the 17" set for when I want to sharpen up the handling seems like a good idea :)
On Ebay there are always various A3 wheels, so the question is: Will any wheel described as "A3 15 inch alloy" fit the A2, or are there different widths and offsets I should know about?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I think if the 15" A3 wheel is 5x100 pcd and ET38 you'll be fine. The P'Pots are exactly these measurements (which are the same figures for the stock Sport 17's) :)

Its easy to spot the P'Pots measurements as they are stamped onto the face of the wheel (centre of the wheel, behind the hubcap).

Having driven on my P'Pots for a week I can safely say 'I love them'. :)

Thanks for that Keith, I will keep my eye on Ebay over the next couple of weeks. There are always so many A3 wheels I'm sure I will eventually pick up a bargain ;)

Thanks for that Keith, I will keep my eye on Ebay over the next couple of weeks. There are always so many A3 wheels I'm sure I will eventually pick up a bargain ;)

:) you can pick up some proper bargains on ebay, as previously mentioned in this thread I watched a set go for £20! There are a few sets on at the moment, but nothing cheap (a nice refurbed set in a darker silver...but still expensive at £150) :)

Back