Best Colour is Black !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaine

Past Member
OK, just wanted to post a thread as this category is currently empty. Sorry for such a weak question, however here goes;

What are you top three colours for an A2?

1) Black
2) Have seen a light blue (sky blue?) in my area which also looks pretty cool.
3) Silver

As I'm writing this, got a feeling Stuart already did this? Correct?

Kaine

You're totally wrong :D

Amulet Red is by far the best colour for an A2 !!

The red extrapolates the stunning looks and design of the car and gives it a headturning appearance. Colours like black and dark blue make the car to dark and silver is a bit like grey.

Another nice colour is dolphin-grey, very stylish !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

My top three are in the style of all the best charts (reverse order)

In third place black, hard to keep clean

Second place is silver, good but too common

But the winner is cobalt blue as it is what I chose although also now quite common.

Phil

Phil-how can you say silver is common-I don't see another A2 from one week to the next!:)

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

There is a silver one in my work car park and he got there first so from my perspective it is more common than say dolphin grey which I have yet to see!

The only other private A2 I have seen was the very dark blue (cobalt is it). Looked ok (but then the car was very dirty).

Other than that my local Audi dealer has many different colours on their fleet. A nice light green/blue caught my eye the other day.

But I do agree red is very good looking.

I think I will start an interior colour post on the board!.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

That colour is known as Island Green - a light green/blue metallic. I nearly bought one that colour.

Actually, on the red colour issue, I saw a TT in amulet red - it looked absolutely stunning - probably because most are silver or black.

As to how common A2s are - well, there is one in my town in black - same as mine but with a roof rack and often a ladder (obviously a discerning window cleaner - or fashionable burglar) - one in the next town in cobalt blue and I saw one in the shops in silver - although the woman in that one was nearly as attractive as the car - drool city!

Agree about the adrk interior though - mine is black and despite the fact that the car is not used that often, it is always pigging! But I haven't actually tried cleaning it - whatever that is. In the past, my cars are usually cleaned by dealers while being serviced - I hope Audi dealers are as welcoming - although the VSI may mean that it will be much dirtier than before.

Dennis you're correct, Amulet red is a cool colour for an A2, (speaks the owner of such a car).

The only problem is my kids have nick named it "The Lady Bug", due to the black sky roof, NOT COOL. They have even threatened to stick black circles on it, KIDS!!

Second favorite colour is Azure blue and third is ever popular silver.

My car is cobalt blue metallic, but I've got to say that by far the nicest colour I have ever seen the A2 in is Amulet red. My uncle has a TT in amulet red and it looks stunning too.

The other colour that is possibly even nicer but I have never seen in reality can be seen on my site in the 'Standard Clipart Page 1' - it's a creamy white colour and looks amazing with red leather.

Anyone ever seen one of these?

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

I do agree that Amulet Red does look stunning, however just not my taste!.

Kaine

p.s. HT - Welcome to the forum.

I think the A2 looks cl***y in most of its colours but looking at the owners club survey on Stuarts site, silver could almost be cl***ed as common (approx 50%). If it wasn't so popular we might have chosen it ourselves. However we've gone down the unexplored route of Merlot Red. Time will tell whether people think this colour suits the car.

As it stands at this moment in time tho'

1) Black - to hard to keep clean but looks the dogs.
2) Silver - Mini A8
3) Amulet Red - Stand out from the crowd

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

All these different blues mentioned, are sure you all don't mean Crystal Blue ? That is cool !

Hi :)!

My favourite colours for the A2 would be:
1) Avus silver (you can get this by paying an extra £1740)
2) Silver
3) Dolphin grey

As you can see from my signature i opted for the silver.
Would really have liked to have it in Avus Silver but £1740 is too
much just for a different colour.
Planning to spend those on a chip for the little TDI and a DVD player instead :D

BK
Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone +++++++

quote:Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone +++++++

Now thats what I call a loaded A2.

Hi BK,

Welcome to the forum. I see you got completely lost in the options list - Well done. However what is 'Sideguard'? Never heard of that before.

Kaine

Sideguard is the curtain airbags down the side of the car.

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Hi Kaine !

SIDEGUARD is the head airbaig system which comes in addition to the front and side airbags.

BK

Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone +++++++

Thanks for the welcome to the forum by the way.
I agree that I might have gotten lost in the options list :D but that's part of the fun of buying a new car instead of a used one.
The joy of building your own dream car :)

Well, I also wanted the "Automatic dipping rear view mirror" but this wasn't compatible with the Open Sky roof and the same with the Towbar and BOSE sound system, no luck there either :(, so I chose the BOSE system over the Towbar.

quote:Originally posted by Kaine
[br]
quote:Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone +++++++

Now thats what I call a loaded A2.

Hi BK,

Welcome to the forum. I see you got completely lost in the options list - Well done. However what is 'Sideguard'? Never heard of that before.

Kaine

BK

Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package,ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

Only problem with Black is that combined with the Diesel engine, it gives the appearance of a London Cab [:eek:)].

BK - that is a seriously loaded A2, I've never seen so many options! I'd be interested in hearing how the sat nav/tv performs so keep us posted.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back