Both electric windows not working

Rich_

Hi,

2004 1.4 Tdi 90. Neither front electric windows even try to move, vag com shows all switches working correctly. I understand they use circuit breakers not a fuse but I can't yet find out where they are!

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited:
Search for issues on here with Central Convenience Unit. (Which is under carpet in front passenger footwell.). There is a thermal fuse in the front A-pillar if I recall correctly, but CCU is more likely.

Thanks for the info, I figured as vag-com recognised the switch movements the computer was ok but maybe that isn't the case!

I haven't been able to find a guide to the circuit breakers, if there isn't one and i find them i'll put some pictures up.

In the footwell area of the passenger side 'A' pillar there is a Connector Point for several multi-pin connectors. The same location also shows a 30A fuse (red socket) for the front electric windows. Access requires removal of the cill trim panel which extends up to the underside of the glove box but as both windows are affected it would be worth checking this fuse.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike and Gary, sill trim panel removed and both fuses there (10A and 25A) were good, didn't see any circuit breakers. I'm guessing that means CCU is next to investigate! I'll post again when I find out...

Hi,

Problem now solved - was the ccu!

The old version was AF, however I could only get the Q version at a reasonable cost, however after recoding so it knows there are manual rear windows it's working well - I bought it with a remote so there are no frequency issues...

Thanks again for your help

Back