Demister & Heater Motor

Clive

Ref; A2 1.4 TDI SE. Has anyone experienced any problems with the heater & demister motor or replacement motor proceedures ? With our current weather, I'm getting a little desparate as the motor has finally packed up, so i need to replace it pretty quickly. I would be very grateful for any advice. Regards. Clive.

Last edited:
Ref; A2 1.4 TDI SE. Has anyone experienced any problems with the heater & demister motor or replacement motor proceedures ? With our current weather, I'm getting a little desparate as the motor has finally packed up, so i need to replace it pretty quickly. I would be very grateful for any advice. Regards. Clive.

Hi Clive.
Are you talking about the heater blower? That sits above the passenger footwell?

If so I had some issues with mine a short while back. I sourced a spare and set about to replace (there is a thread somewhere to help on this) The motor shaft had somehow become seized so it just needed unsticking and a drop of lube. Still going strong since.

If you can't get it going I do have a spare motor.
Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove the glovebox and You can see the motor it is attached with a few screws one of which is difficult to locate and remove and is often not replaced when the motor is changed
Mine was changed at 250,000 miles according to the service history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One tip that might help,

When you have the glovebox off set the air to recirculate and switch on the heater so that the fan should be spinning.

CAREFULLY insert a screwdriver through the air vent hole at the bottom (the one that opens up to allow the air to recirculate).

You can easily reach the blades, just try and spin them with the screwdriver (rather than risk your fingers) and if the motor is just temporarily stuck or tight this could start it spinning.

Chances are it won't spin, but it MIGHT and it could save you the tricky (but doable) job of removing the fan motor.

Steve B

Thank you for the info, it's appreciated. I will have a good look at it. But unfortunately I am pretty certain the motor has packed up.
I am very interested in the spare motor you mentioned. I would be interested in buying it if it's still available.
Can you give me a price ? we could talk about collection or shipping after.
Thanks again for your help. Regards. Clive.
P.S. I am based in Berkshire.....Where abouts are you ?

Thank for your your info ....I shall take a good look.
I appreciate your help
Regards. Clive.

Thank you for the info, it's appreciated. I will have a good look at it. But unfortunately I am pretty certain the motor has packed up.
I am very interested in the spare motor you mentioned. I would be interested in buying it if it's still available.

Hi,

There is a location at the top right of every post, Dave (Special Edition) is based in Devon.
Most people miss that so not to worry.

Cheers
Steve B

If you hover your pointer over the avatar / member's details at the top left of each post you will see where the member lives.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back