DRL's (Daytime running lights) Fitted

Lee Smith

Looked everywhere online for after market headlights for the A2 with DRL's fitted in, no luck anywhere. I have seen a few other people asking the question on here and thought i would let you know i have fitted my own DRL's INSIDE the original headlight, i think they look great and so do my mates. If any one needs info on how to do it or wants to see some pictures let me know. Before you start doing it urself i will warn you its very time consuming but well worh it.

Lee

Just put two pics up on my profile, i will say tho it is a poor quilty pic as its from my phone (camera battrey dead) lens could do with a clean too! Couldnt get a pic in the distance as detail was rubish. Hope you like them they look very smart in real life, look factory fitted lol.

Let me know what you think of these. worth keeping in or not?

They look grand IMHO. Theres mixed opinion on DRL within the Audi fraternity; those similar to myself like them and appreciate Audi's brand image which has a different DRL pattern for each model.

It's interesting to see other marques following the example. Regardless of aesthetics - I think they are a good safety feature and as someone who drives an Audi with DRL under emergency response conditions, I have experimented with them - and when working; they undoubtedly add to your cars visibility and presence on the road.

The opposing camp sees them as an unnecessary irritation and they've been been harshly branded 'fairy lights' ( surely a positive at this time of year, eh!?)

Long story short - keep em in; they look good. :D

I tried those ones. Got them from car mod shop, but some of the LED's died after a few months due to moisture ingress, so i got rid.

Did this instead with some proper sealed units, in place of Fog lights, but they can still be used as fogs as wired in with a double relay.

They come on with ignition, go off when night lights are put on, but can be put on again by turning fog switch on!!

John

SL732181.jpg

SL732187.jpg

SL732190.jpg

cheers for the compliment Murdo i agree on the safety aspect and i think it also looks great. Liking the fogs John but thought i'd try the headlights, i aslo got them from car mod shop but before i saw the link on here so no 10% discount:(. Will give them a go and see what happens sealed the unit with some good stuff from work so hopefully no moisture as i know the A2's can suffer from that. Sarge loving the headlights look great:)

Back