FSD group buy

bretti_kivi

did some calling around this evening; Awesome will stick to the price currently on the web, STG will do "something", I'd expect at least 5%.

Presently the involved parties are around 12 or so; this means a deal value of around €6k, which is not to be sneezed at.

Koni are putting their prices up, the next set of prices will be £410+.

I will get some more information tomorrow / next week, I'd like to get a firm price and then open an interest thread for a week or so; ordering should be done this month still (that gives us a week to find pricing and then another one to confirm).

Just to reiterate:
- FSDs alone around €400-€420 - that's just under the £400 mark.
- Springs if you want them for around €100
- the rest of the setup to swap out around €80 or so.
All prices delivered.
If you have a source that's cheap, please let me know and I will do some phoning.

Bret

Nice find John.

Well done to Bret for all the phoning around, I would hope we would be offered a better discount than 5-10% for a volume buy of 10 units plus. Surely the profit margins cant be this tight.? Suppliers are there to make money granted.., however its surprising that one of the firms Bret called stuck fast to their pricing policy. I'm glad their business is doing so well in the recession. :)

all prices VAT inclusive. The guys over at STG are interested in giving something; I'd be surprised if there's more than 10% movement. I'm interested in a deal which is good for both me and them.

the first set of guys basically said: "website hasn't been updated yet, but it will be and that's the cheapest we can go". Since they're the cheapest in the UK that I found when looking yesterday - passion auto, awesome GTI, koni themselves, Ebay, eurocarsomethingorother, larkspeed and I can't remember the others - I think it's fair to say that the € rate change has really hit.

Right now, the best offer is around the £400 mark, delivered. I'd like to see that lowered by at least £20 to make it worthwhile; I'm hoping on £40. Prices have already been put up by suppliers...

Let's see what an email or two brings.

Bret

Awesome have removed them from the website.

POTN is now £417
Koni is £417

Koni.se is 42xxSEK, so €437 or so
STG didn't want to hold the price from December in their mail (or it's a typo) and that was €440, which is very similar to the £417.
Larkspeed I haven't called yet, I'll do that tonight (I'm two hours ahead, timewise)
apart from them, rallynutz will do £417 delivered in the UK, which is pretty good.

So, bottom line? prices have gone up and I'll call larkspeed and rallynutz for some group prices. STG have a mail to check it's not a typo.

Let's see where it goes from here - it does not look very good at the moment.

Bret

I can't believe prices are going up.

It's a case of blatant price fixing going on.

I work in the metal industry and the price of steel and other metals has come down by 45% since peaking in the summer last year, because China doesn't have the need for so much metal anymore in this downturn.

currency! I think this might have a bigger effect than cost of raw metal.

yes the major currency swing on Sterling has had a significant impact on a lot of businesses

... and the Germans are sticking to their guns!

I need to talk to Larkspeed and rallynutz. I will try and find a swedish source, too; the Finnish one is too expensive.

Bret

demon tweeks: £420.
Rallynuts - 353 + VAT --> £405

JKM - 373 + VAT
Hmm. this is going to be interesting. In the wrong way :(

I checked most of Europe yesterday; french, italian, hungarian, czech and polish suppliers were all more expensive.

Bret

the french guys some of the Germans used are now over €600; the Larkspeed offer on EBay is a tenner more than on their site.

Bret

Hi guys,

Been quoted 402€ for the set. All inclusive. If interested, I will need to know the exact # of sets is needed to ask for special discount. And if someone is doing the trip from Belgium/France to England, the price could be interesting for everyone.
I can meet someone doing the crossing sometime during the year. No problem for me to stock the kits at home.
Let me know.
Didier

Back