New Member N Ireland

Hi everyone I wanted to introduce myself and my A2 SE. I'd always liked the A2 for it's forward thinking and loved the styling and promised myself I'd have one when funds allowed. I spotted this 1.4 petrol in September in Warwick and travelled from Northern Ireland over to get it.
If anyone recognises the car from its 21 years in England (reg OY02OCC ) I'd love to hear. Hope to have it looking perfect soon. Thanks for all the effort and help that's available on this forum and I hope to be here for many years.
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG-20230928-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230928-WA0000.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • image.png
    image.png
    973.7 KB · Views: 38
Lovely looking car. Welcome to the forum...

Whilst the diesels are great, and a well sorted fsi a real treat, I truly believe the 1.4 petrol is the sweet spot for the A2.

We currently have 2 x fsi, 1 x 1.4 petrol and 1 x 75 diesel in the family!!

Welcome and enjoy the car - they are great - there are a few of us in NI I believe - I am down in Co Fermanagh with my 2002 1.4i absolute bog standard spec with no options which I love as less to go wrong in theory :)
1701116210548.png

Hi everyone I wanted to introduce myself and my A2 SE. I'd always liked the A2 for it's forward thinking and loved the styling and promised myself I'd have one when funds allowed. I spotted this 1.4 petrol in September in Warwick and travelled from Northern Ireland over to get it.
If anyone recognises the car from its 21 years in England (reg OY02OCC ) I'd love to hear. Hope to have it looking perfect soon. Thanks for all the effort and help that's available on this forum and I hope to be here for many years.
Andrew
OY02xxx reg suggests Audi UK original registration in Milton Keynes (if my recollection is correct), either demonstrator or even press car. Do you have any extras on it?

Plus (further to my message above), I have a 52-plate AUA-engined car like yours but in Island green. I've encountered most of the age-related spark / fuelling issues that this A2 engine can encounter and managed to resolve most of them myself despite my very limited mechanical abilities. As long as you are able to handle a socket set or similar many of the simpler ignition and fuelling problems are just sensor or similar electronic parts replacements and following a list of instructions in terms of which piece to take off followed by the next before building it back up with replacement parts. Much easier than any proper 1.6 Fsi / 1.4Tdi issues where you need to be massively more talented than I am.

Last edited:
Good morning Andrew,

Another warm welcome here from a previous AUA owner. My first A2 was a 2003 Ebony Black AUA which is unfortunately no longer with us. It did manage to clock up 258k miles before it become uneconomical to put back on the road so if well maintained it can take you some distance.

The community here are pretty much always on hand to answer most if not all questions you may have. As you know, the Forum is full of knowledgeable threads and also a rather helpful list of How-Tos to study in your free time:

As you’ll appreciate, the model has been out of production for many years which is evident by an ever growing list of parts that are no longer available new. If you require any known-good used parts then it’s worth reading the welcome email which should explain how to upgrade your account to make the most of your membership, this will enable you to access the Clubs Market Forums where you can see what’s available along with placing Wanted type advertisements.

Welcome again and enjoy your A2 journey.

Kind regards,

Tom

Andrew
Not too far away Andrew ... we're in Portaferry 👍

Thank you all very much for your kind words and I look forward to being an avid owner ! I
OY02xxx reg suggests Audi UK original registration in Milton Keynes (if my recollection is correct), either demonstrator or even press car. Do you have any extras on it?

Plus (further to my message above), I have a 52-plate AUA-engined car like yours but in Island green. I've encountered most of the age-related spark / fuelling issues that this A2 engine can encounter and managed to resolve most of them myself despite my very limited mechanical abilities. As long as you are able to handle a socket set or similar many of the simpler ignition and fuelling problems are just sensor or similar electronic parts replacements and following a list of instructions in terms of which piece to take off followed by the next before building it back up with replacement parts. Much easier than any proper 1.6 Fsi / 1.4Tdi issues where you need to be massively more talented than I am.
The only extras are the open sky roof and six disc cd changer but I'm not sure what was standard on the SE.

Thank you all very much for your kind words and I look forward to being an avid owner ! I

The only extras are the open sky roof and six disc cd changer but I'm not sure what was standard on the SE.
Hi Andrew,
My 1.4SE came with a leather steering wheel, gear knob and various bits of brushed aluminium, climate control, false boot floor, six spoke alloys, two remote keys and a wallet key ... tyre compressor, no spare wheel, single cd player.
Mudflaps, metallic paint, a large umbrella and mats were no cost 'extras' from the dealer at Hull Audi.

Last edited:
Back