New owner from Manchester

Oli937

Hi all,

Picked up my first A2 on Wednesday, an 04 yellow CS FSI (AKA the yellow peril), it was suggested to me on a previous post when I was trying to get some advice on a 1.4 I'd been to see, I initially dismissed as I didn't want the trouble of an FSI but I'm hoping that after everything that's been done by the previous owner it will keep the FSI problems at bay.

It still has a few issues that need sorting which are:

Front tyres very low- found some SE wheels and tyres on eBay
Exhaust blowing- recommendations on where to get this fixed or replaced around the north west would be welcome
Proboost ECU
False floor
OSR broken- it doesn't leak but the first piece glass doesn't sit flush and makes a lot of noise above 60

This forum is amazing and one of the reasons I chose an A2, it has already been really helpful through looking through old threads and my previous post.

Welcome onboard, no doubt others will be in touch soon. Post some images and info of your new to you A2. 👍

2004 Yellow CS FSI with 164k but has had a top end rebuild 7k miles ago

Attachments

• PXL_20220707_131130544.jpg
    PXL_20220707_131130544.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220611_142653.jpg
    20220611_142653.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 103
OSR broken- it doesn't leak but the first piece glass doesn't sit flush and makes a lot of noise above 60

Clearly not pressing, but @Kleynie services the OSS:

It might also be worth having a word with Paul @depronman about this, he may be able to assist you.

Hi all,

Picked up my first A2 on Wednesday, an 04 yellow CS FSI (AKA the yellow peril), it was suggested to me on a previous post when I was trying to get some advice on a 1.4 I'd been to see, I initially dismissed as I didn't want the trouble of an FSI but I'm hoping that after everything that's been done by the previous owner it will keep the FSI problems at bay.

It still has a few issues that need sorting which are:

Front tyres very low- found some SE wheels and tyres on eBay
Exhaust blowing- recommendations on where to get this fixed or replaced around the north west would be welcome
Proboost ECU
False floor

This forum is amazing and one of the reasons I chose an A2, it has already been really helpful through looking through old threads and my previous post.
If it's running well, with no EML, you don't need to go ProBoost.
FSIs must run on 98/99, Shell V-Power my FSI's preferred tipple.
Either way, welcome
Mac.

Clearly not pressing, but @Kleynie services the OSS:

It might also be worth having a word with Paul @depronman about this, he may be able to assist you.

I can supply a motor mount and fit it if required. This may fix the oss problem it may not depending on what as failed
I can certainly get the oss closed correctly and am lot near than London (in St Anne’s)

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if it is running well then a Pro Boost isn't a must, but it can keep a healthy FSI running for longer. Amongst other benefits, it will keep the flaps open and clean to prevent build up of crud and also run the car at 90 degrees rather than 110, which your coolant system will thank you for.

If you do decide to go down the Pro Boost route then please get in touch.

I can supply a motor mount and fit it if required. This may fix the oss problem it may not depending on what as failed
I can certainly get the oss closed correctly and am lot near than London (in St Anne’s)

Paul

That would be great, I'd like get it working properly eventually but I need to get the exhaust sorted first.

Thanks everyone for the advice on Proboost, I think i will fit it eventually but I'll do some of the jobs it needs first

Thanks everyone for the advice on Proboost, I think i will fit it eventually but I'll do some of the jobs it needs first
The FSI is a bit special, the most up to date version of the A2, (of it's period).
Fitting a ProBoost map has real advantages if the engine has FSI specific problems.
But, and it's a big but for me, going ProBoost means that it is no longer an FSI.
Mac.

The FSI is a bit special, the most up to date version of the A2, (of it's period).
Fitting a ProBoost map has real advantages if the engine has FSI specific problems.
But, and it's a big but for me, going ProBoost means that it is no longer an FSI.
Mac.

I know but when it's my only car and I'm planning to keep it for a while, I need it to keep working

So it's already being problematic. Its misfiring. The OBD eleven reader is showing random multiple cylinder misfire and cylinder 3 misfire codes. Can anyone help

You are not far from WOM at Stoke on Trent - I live in France now but come originally from near Liverpool and recommend Rob & Marcus fully. It used to take me 90 minutes each way using J16 off the M6 down to their place.

You are not far from WOM at Stoke on Trent - I live in France now but come originally from near Liverpool and recommend Rob & Marcus fully. It used to take me 90 minutes each way using J16 off the M6 down to their place.
Thanks, that's where I was planning on taking it.

Thanks, that's where I was planning on taking it.

Worth moving a coil pack between 3 and any other cylinder and see if the fault moves from 3 to wherever you put coil pack currently in cylinder3
If it moves the fault then that coil pack is faulty
Worth also looking if the coil packs or genuine Bosch ones as other have been know to not work well particularly no name Chinese s**t

Coil packs should have been replaced recently, but I wouldn't know if they Bosch ones, unless changing coils is really simple, I can do it with a socket set and you are willing to tell me how to do it them i'm not confident enough to that and I'll have get the AA out or take it to a garage.

Coil packs should have been replaced recently, but I wouldn't know if they Bosch ones, unless changing coils is really simple, I can do it with a socket set and you are willing to tell me how to do it them i'm not confident enough to that and I'll have get the AA out or take it to a garage.
Coil packs would be first place to start for a misfire. Hints:
Bosch, NGK, or, if you want to splash the cash, genuine Audi.
Mac.

I know but when it's my only car and I'm planning to keep it for a while, I need it to keep working
I have a fizzy and the 1.4 petrol…. bought at same time.

The fizzy…. this has been problematic, I spent about £1400 on repairs so far and…. although I like it loads the bloody eml has come on again, despite fitting one of Steve’s Proboosts. Replace all coils, plugs a couple of sensors etc. Intend on getting an OBD11 (should have done this weeks ago… but time and things keep getting in the way). Would I get another?🤫

The 1.4 is my wife’s, to be honest it is a cracking motor and…. at times has filled in for the fizzy on the many 80 mile round trips. It is more than capable of keeping up with 70 mph traffic with plenty in reserve.

I see you have an OBD11 reader.. can you offer more info/convince me to get one.

Hang in there with the Yellow Peril…. Not many around

Back