Passengers window cable shredded & snapped

A2SPORT

It's been ages since I last put up a thread or posted, the only time I do is when something goes wrong.. LOL

Window was sticking so decided to look through a few posts and threads, the only solution I could find was to use a spray polish on the Windows and hope to ease lubricant(don't have a clue) the stuff up down there.. But that didn't work so I decided to open up the door trim and take a look, to my amazement the cable had been dislodged from the windup(¿) mechanism. Stripped the door down fully to take a closer look and to make matters worse a section of the cable was shredded.

Wondering if anyone can find me a part number for the cable or do I have to buy
the full window regulator?

Uploading the pictures soon..

Aaaw heck...i took one to the skip last week! Figured the mechanism looked robust, so unlikely to be ever needed by me or a forum user and needed the space. Someone on her will have a breaker soon and will be able to help.

No, I needed a door as mine had a dent in it. The window mechanism wasnt needed. I did keep the glass and door electronics as spares, but not the metal door surround or the winder bits.

thanks, what color is the door and when is it available for collection? Please pm me ur details plz

Hi, its a silvery blue colour, but does have a dent, mechanism and motor are pukka though, collection anytime really, will PM you my number. What colour is your car?

As Promised

20140503_183211.jpg20140503_183919.jpg20140503_183919.jpg Madness I tell You..:mad:

Attachments

• 20140503_183924.jpg
    20140503_183924.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 259
PM sent A2 Sport

I have one going spare from the drop glass / frame I got from CHB before Christmas

Reactions: chb
The frame mrtutz has is in good condition. He needed a new glass, and I sold him the entire frame with glass. The frame I skipped was from another door. So MrTutz has the perfect solution for you! Love a happy ending.

Back