Please HELP !! Car not starting...ANY Ideas, comments welcome..

BobbySox

United-Kingdom
Please HELP !! Car not starting...ANY Ideas, comments welcome..

Hi All,

My car (fsi) is not starting, when I turn ignition on only 3 lights come on...
ignition-on-1.jpg

Then after a second or 2 ....
ignition-on-2.jpg

Turn key, car starts for half second then cuts out.

VCDS Scan results...
vcds-scan.jpg

Any and All Ideas, comments, experiences, would be much appreciated, to try point me in right direction to fix!

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Strange thou as I would expect the immobiliser symbol to flash and in the case of the diesels the glow plug light too.
Start by checking fuses, if any blown report back!

Strange thou as I would expect the immobiliser symbol to flash and in the case of the diesels the glow plug light too.
Have checked some fuses, including under passenger floor (and side trim), all (those I checked) seem good.

Cluster fault? No comms, maybe bad connection, stopping it telling the ECU that it recognises the key?

No display on the DIS, also points to the cluster.
When did it last run, and has anything been done/happened since?
Mac.

Last edited:
My understanding is everything runs through the instrument cluster so if ECU etc can't see it the vehicle won't start.

What is the car history; has work been done on it recently? Or has it been subjected to damp/water etc? Or other malfunctions recently?

Incredible long shot and in fairness if a fault existed here I would expect a blown fuse, but if the cars got aircon unplug the ac pressure sensor

When you checked the fuses did you use a meter and not just visually?

The auxiliary power supply on the positive battery terminal needs to be tight and all its connections clean and tight. How is the fuse?

What is the car history; has work been done on it recently? Or has it been subjected to damp/water etc? Or other malfunctions recently?
All the usual Fsi niggles, flaps, deathpipe, thermostat, etc, etc.. = Done. Also, I have driven it in the rain, but had no problem.

Back