Private Reg on the A2

A2Look

Hi all!

Just wondering if any of you guys have got private reg's on your A2's?
I am looking at getting one for our new car addition, there are not many good A2 *** ones left, but have another in mind. What are your thoughts?

audiman

I've got A2 YEJ "Y" the old registration year plate, the "EJ" the original registration letters for the county I live in. EJ 1 has eluded Elton John for may years and has been on a number of locally owned cars including a Ford Fiesta!!!
Mine was £250 I could have also bought A2 VEJ for £250

We've just bought P12 MOO, with a squared off P ;)

£250 from dvla

The P and the 1 look a bit like an A, close enough without making it obviously illegal any way!

And the MOO bit is because my girlfriend collects anything cow related.

The A2 ones are thin on the ground now, another similarity to A2 is F12 but the F prefixes start at £499.

I see A2 OCX is the only remaining A2OC one... Not sure I can justify a vanity plate (as the Americans call them) when I could print up some A2OC t-shirts for that sort of money ;)

I've got A2 FLJ, just perfect for me, couldn't believe it when I saw it on DVLA's site! Again a bargain at £250 all in, it was a present from the better half when I got Alfie, really suprised when I collected it from the dealer and it came out with the p plate!

Not A2 related, but I'm into my music and gadgets.Thinking of getting T321 pod, as I have an ipod in my A2 :D £250 all in.
And the new mobile I'm getting on upgrade, the LG kg800, nice red illumination to match the radio/climate control in the car :D Wife says I'm daft http://www.ichocolateyou.com/

Last edited:
ben said:
I see A2 OCX is the only remaining A2OC one... Not sure I can justify a vanity plate (as the Americans call them) when I could print up some A2OC t-shirts for that sort of money ;)

Not there now Ben :confused: I don't think

Whoops......it is

A2Look said:
Hi all!

Just wondering if any of you guys have got private reg's on your A2's?
I am looking at getting one for our new car addition, there are not many good A2 *** ones left, but have another in mind. What are your thoughts?
'A2 MPV' was on eBay a while ago. The motoring press seem unsure whether the A2 is an MPV or a Supermini - or just small, strange and expensive. Mine's on an ordinary 54 reg plate ending in 'MPV'!

Our at the moment is on an 04 reg, but I have spotted T11EAA for sale.
Maybe THE AA? ( as in 2 A's like A2!) sad I know!

Ours is on an un A2 related personal plate - SJ 02 JAN

Her initials and birthday - we can put it on any car!

Sticks out around here because it is a Glasgow number, only problem is that we cannot put it on anything earlier than an 02 so the e-type is out!

A2Look said:
Our at the moment is on an 04 reg, but I have spotted T11EAA for sale.
Maybe THE AA? ( as in 2 A's like A2!) sad I know!

If it's a decent price you should buy it to sell it on to The AA and then you could probably buy an A2 with the proceeds! :D

T7RSE said:
If it's a decent price you should buy it to sell it on to The AA and then you could probably buy an A2 with the proceeds! :D

Its listed with Newreg at £9500! :eek: Although I may get a discount on negotiation, and maybe sell on to The AA lol :D

K16ord Or K1 6ord (k1 Gord))

hi, non a2 related but its on mines anyway so gets a mention!

had to wait 2 weeks for the car coz it waz awaitng the p/p, picked her up on saturday...alls great!...what a car!

i missed B166 ORD because i thought about it for 5 mins coz it was £499 and someone ELSE got it! would have read BIG GORD .(DAMN!)

regards

gordy! :D

Im glad I got this, I think its nice and a bit unusual. Anyway I have signed the contract today so i should have it sorted in a few weeks and on the car. :D

Safe to say, I could have bought another A2 for the money :rolleyes:

PVT Plate

Hi All,

I have a private plate on my A2 - 'A8 TPJ'.....perhaps one day I'll be able to put it on an A8!!!!! Had the plate for 10 years now but only cost £90 orginally

A2Look said:
Im glad I got this, I think its nice and a bit unusual. Anyway I have signed the contract today so i should have it sorted in a few weeks and on the car. :D

Safe to say, I could have bought another A2 for the money :rolleyes:

ouch!

You need to drive past the aa headquarters lots of times and hope that a rich director sees it and offers you a million. :D

T7RSE said:
ouch!

You need to drive past the aa headquarters lots of times and hope that a rich director sees it and offers you a million. :D

lol! Yeah maybe a good idea, or send him a piccy of it in to the director in a brown envelope with a ransom note.. buy the reg or the A2 gets it :D

Back