Project FSI Gold

tnpali01

Arrived Home and had a quick exterior wash..... :) Tomorrow the adventure begins

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20231021_165104_670.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20231021_165104_670.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 143
Is that a Facebook car? Is that colour standard as never seen one before I saw the one recently on Facebook and now yours if not the same car that is?

Is that a Facebook car? Is that colour standard as never seen one before I saw the one recently on Facebook and now yours if not the same car that is?
No its not a standard colour, Ive been told its an exclusive paint . I had a look at the service book then called Audi to confirm paint code / title . Tried a few dealers and apparently its not listed . It's not in the service book or on the boot label just dashes where the codes should be. Only thing I was advised was to take the car into a bodyshop and get them to match it. :( Given i need a touch up pen and there are a few items which I will need to get painted being this exclusive hopefully wont mean getting paint mismatches.

No its not a standard colour, Ive been told its an exclusive paint . I had a look at the service book then called Audi to confirm paint code / title . Tried a few dealers and apparently its not listed . It's not in the service book or on the boot label just dashes where the codes should be. Only thing I was advised was to take the car into a bodyshop and get them to match it. :( Given i need a touch up pen and there are a few items which I will need to get painted being this exclusive hopefully wont mean getting paint mismatches.
When Audi offered the exclusive paint option (at a cost of £2000) you could have any colour from the VAG group palette. You may have to cast those colour swatches wide.

Called JCT Hull - truly helpful and great customer service.... They were original supplying dealer. Hull Audi Part have agreed to raise a technical query with Audi to confirm . Wont hear back until post Wed next week. Looking at whatever I can locate online for the exclusive paints looks closest to Pearl Beige Z1Z .

When Audi offered the exclusive paint option (at a cost of £2000) you could have any colour from the VAG group palette. You may have to cast those colour swatches wide.
Thanks Steve, I will wait to see what Hull Audi say... I'd want it painted in Gold at that kind of cost.😲

I once owned the Birmingham Nec FSI launch/press car for Audi and that had the same single line for the paint colour.

My neighbour has an Audi A3 from the same year which is gold, looks the same shade from the picture

J

I seem to remember a tdi 90 for sale in a very similar colour about 3 years ago. It was lovely with an Alcantara interior.
Good luck with your new purchase.

There was indeed a beige 90 for sale a while back - also a special order paint car - with a Twist Sport leather interior. Someone on here has it now, I think.

Wheat biege colour maybe? Cool find and buy sir, those alloys are rare too. Looking forward to photos around the car...
Screenshot_20231023_192224_Edge.jpg

Going to take off the nearside door mirror casing and take it to a body shop . It needs fixing and painting .... See if they can confirm colour code . Just had a look at the video of the door mirror casing removal and found it slightly different process ... I removed the lower section two torx screws , removed the black section, then put applied pressure to pop the glass unit out from inside rather than levering as suggested in video.
Did you try finding the options sticker in spare wheel compartment?
Yes the option sticker and service book have --- / --- as the paint code . Local Audi dealer and a couple of others I tried all said they dont have a record of the colour on the Audi Systems .

I then went to a body shop with the mirror casing and asked if they could analyse and confirm the colour . They advised it was Izusu Honey Silver paint colour,😟 I asked whether it was the Audi Pearl Beige and they advised it wasnt . I ordered up a paint pen and the colour match was very good , against the body colour, not sure its right though. I'll take a picture in daylight tomorrow .

I want to keep the car as close to OEM as possible, and maybe add a few items I can reverse if ever needed . Today decided to run through the list of jobs I need to sort... expect this will grow

Clean Seats / headlining two or three times more
Rug Doctor the entire car
Charge Battery
Earth Strap
Basic safety check
Sort out number plates - starting to delaminate, waiting for V5
New Remote key shells / batteries
Confirm the spec from the options list
Confirm Coolant issue, then fix
Cambelt / waterpump / Deathpipe replacement
Service
Source missing bits for toolkit
Good Glovebox lid or paint?
RNS E
Refurb wheels - Anyone used this company before - seem to offer a drive thru, same day service https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/
Refurb or new centre caps
New bonnet
New Tyres
Paint pen - wing tops have a few scratches :(
Fix NS Mirror housing cracked
Radio Code - How to confirm ?
Rear Roller blind
Mud flaps
Maybe a Twist Leather interior
First Aid Kit
Spare wheel
New Headlight Switch
Sort out the popper out sides of rear bumper - seems to be common A2 thing ive noticed
Bumper vents seal
Broken vanes in one vent
replacing broken in dash cupholders, both
sourcing a rear cupholder
soft touch drivers door switch surround

Will keep me busy for a while :)

Last edited:
I want to keep the car as close to OEM as possible, and maybe add a few items I can reverse if ever needed . Today decided to run through the list of jobs I need to sort... expect this will grow

Clean Seats / headlining two or three times more
Rug Doctor the entire car
Charge Battery
Earth Strap
Basic safety check
Sort out number plates - starting to delaminate, waiting for V5
New Remote key shells / batteries
Confirm the spec from the options list
Confirm Coolant issue, then fix
Cambelt / waterpump / Deathpipe replacement
Service
Source missing bits for toolkit
Good Glovebox lid or paint?
RNS E
Refurb wheels - Anyone used this company before - seem to offer a drive thru, same day service https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/
Refurb or new centre caps
New bonnet
New Tyres
Paint pen - wing tops have a few scratches :(
Fix NS Mirror housing cracked
Radio Code - How to confirm ?
Rear Roller blind
Mud flaps
Maybe a Twist Leather interior
First Aid Kit
Spare wheel
New Headlight Switch
Sort out the popper out sides of rear bumper - seems to be common A2 thing ive noticed
Bumper vents seal
Broken vanes in one vent
replacing broken in dash cupholders, both
sourcing a rear cupholder
soft touch drivers door switch surround

Will keep me busy for a while :)
Hello Neil,

Looks like a nice long list to keep you going Sir. You know where I am when you decide upon having a RNS-E PU installed. I’d be glad to help out and have look around this special A2.

Kind regards,

Tom

A few parts that I have in stock that I could help with:

Good Glovebox
NS Mirror housing (for painting)
Rear Roller blind (if cream although yours may be black? )
Broken vanes in one vent (have both sides available)

Back