rns-d aux pinout

Crowley

Hi all....
So.. the round Aux in port on the back of the RNS-D Nav Plus unit... Does anyone have a descriptive pinout guide... I'm in the process of finally installing a bluetooth connection to it, using the TV in aux port.

So just wanting to confirm what pins go where on the connector.. The one Labelled VID-On - that's a 12v input to indicate a device is pluged in and powered?

Any decent diagrams over and above the std basic ones on google would be a great help...

TIA.

Afternoon,

I see you've been working on this for quite some time:

I applaud your perseverance, many including myself would have given up after a few months and purchased an RNS-E PU, as it has factory Infotainment solutions available which are easy enough to obtain and retrofit into the A2. Have a look at the below thread as it should give you and understanding of what sort of prices the individual parts can be purchased for:

Does anyone have a descriptive pinout guide...

Do you have the pinout on exterior of the head unit? If not this screenshot, although probably just as basic, is from the A2 electrical wiring diagrams, does it provide anything more than you already know:

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 15.13.15.png

So just wanting to confirm what pins go where on the connector.. The one Labelled VID-On - that's a 12v input to indicate a device is pluged in and powered?

The VID-ON pin you mention is referred to as Pin #7 Monitor on the above image. I've never played with the RNS-D so wouldn't like to provide an exacting answer to this question. Whilst it's possibly a 12v line as you suggest, my best guess would be its a feed from the head unit to inform the TV module that TV has been selected as a media source. Maybe test Pin #7 for voltage with a multimeter whilst a different media source is selected, radio for instance, the select TV as a source to see if the pin goes 12v. I’m sure after 5-10 minutes of tinkering you would have your answer.

Sorry I couldn't assist much further. Hopefully someone who understands the 11 pin connector more will drop in soon enough.

If you want any further information regards the RNS-E PU then just ask away, only last night was I tinkering with one:

A7B7167F-E451-420A-A0B8-BEE144684E29.jpeg

An hour later this actual head unit was tested in Project 250 and it’s works perfectly, it was also updated to the very latest iteration of custom firmware.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back