Serious question, should I back off with the jokes?

Are my attempts at humour becoming a problem

• PLEASE STOP !!!!! This is annoying me!!!!

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Less please, it is too many sad jokes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • It is not yet causing a problem

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • It is fine, please keep it up (but not so quite so often)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Go for it, it is fine!!!

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
This is a serious question.

I am a little worried that my sad attempts at humour might be annoying some members.

I think that a little bit of fun and a few sad puns etc. helps to make the forum a little "brighter"
BUT, and like my wife it is a BIG BUT, am I just "diluting" threads and almost "Spamming" ?

I am not "fishing for compliments" (obviously, because I am not very funny). I just want to make sure that I am not annoying any of the members.

So this poll is a way of judging that.

It is a anonymous poll by the way, so you can vote any way you like.

Steve "Birdseed" B

Last edited:
I think that a little presence of light hearted humour causes no offence whatsoever - I think the fact that we may be slightly annoying is funny in itself !
Ta
Dave
:)

Don't see the need for you to doubt yourself Steve. I'm a fan of your brand of corn and it's nice to see a lighter side to the forum. Particularly when we've a reputation for being a bit straight laced. Vive la difference and keep up the birdseed.

Murdo

Thanks guys

i am just hoping that the people who don't like it also speak up.
I really don't want to be a nuisance to some members.
Steve B

Last edited:
I voted "not yet causing a problem" ..not because I want you to stop, but because I expect it to drive you to maintain standards. :)

As I stop at traffic lights the other day a busty blond pulled up along the side in a flashy sports car and asked me if I would sleep with her for £100.
I wasn't really tired but I thought the money would come handy for the bumper and the headlamp.

Does that answer your question??

Regards
Mike

As I stop at traffic lights the other day a busty blond pulled up along the side in a flashy sports car and asked me if I would sleep with her for £100.
I wasn't really tired but I thought the money would come handy for the bumper and the headlamp.

Does that answer your question??

Regards
Mike

Indeed it does ! Nice one

Thank you for maintaining the (low) standard I strive for!

You sound like the type of guy that would be cuddling a girl in the front seat and when she asks if you want to go into the backseat, your response would be "Nah! I would rather stay in the front, with you"

I can feel the vote swinging the other way after that one!

Steve B

Not at all .... i love coming on this forum to see what comments youve put ... always guaranteed a giggle with some of your comments Mr B ..

On a thread like this it's more than fine. However like everything in life there is a time and place for corny humour and sometimes it isn't appropriate - just ocassionally it grates with me however i accept I am reputed to be one of the straight laced members so maybe should keep quiet?

Back