Torque specs for steering wheel

Afternoon Tabib,

I’ve just replied to your PM requesting the same information. For everyone else’s benefit, this thread, specifically post#3 suggests it to be 50nm.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom
I have been out for around a year, going through a difficult separation.
But I'm back and I need a n/s front wheel bearing for my Audi a2 1.4 tdi 75 hp
Reg is HJ02LHE.
Kindly point me in the right direction.
Much obliged.
Sincere regards.
Tabib

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Type your number plate into your parts website of choice (I normally use AUTODOC) and it will give you the right parts. You can then chose what brand to go with, I used Febi for my 1.4i, though febi part quality can be very hit or miss. The bearings looked on the higher quality side of the Febi stuff I’ve seen though, and for £36 each I’m not going to be too annoyed if I need to change them again in a couple of years.

The other thing is replacing the bearings is a bit of a pain, not a super easy job if you are doing it yourself. You’ll need a compatible VAG style bearing puller, and it is well worth following the service manual, as the bearing will be damaged if pressed in incorrectly.

Hopefully some useful information there from my experience with it all,

Indi

Just to add to the advice from @Indi, since the B word I have increasingly used Parts in Motion, UK based and quick delivery. Use their chat facility to identify correct parts. I very much like AutoDoc but I have a concern that Customs may randomly do their job and stick my parts in a bonded warehouse until I pay import duty. Also their delivery is a bit next century. I must ask about this and what others have experienced as I have a shed load of gaskets to buy to build an engine and being German AutoDoc supply German parts.
I have yet to experience the veriable Febi quality issue, on the whole the parts I have bought have been genuine with the original branding removed, or perhaps not. Two genuine Merc engine mounts were a massive bargain. I do however have a Febi branded timing belt kit 🤞.
You need the fitting tool to fit the bearing and there are two sizes, correct one available on eBay. Or ask on here if a local to you member has one to loan.
TDI drive shafts are bonded to the drive flange, I blew a hydraulic puller. A cheap but substantial mechanical puller is your best chance.

Back