VagCom - Too many Faults to List

Foghorn

Chaps - as the 2004 A2 had an airbag fault (light staying on) I decided to purchase a Vag-Com USB tool from eBay -
VAG COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD for the grand price of £7.99.

Yes I wasn't expecting much at this price as the functionality was the 'Lite' edition and to progress I needed to register/purchase the full edition at $300.

Anyway it 'bonded' a treat and identified the airbag fault - Intermittant High resistance drivers side airbay. I cleared it and it has gone away. I went through some of the other areas and cleared the odd old ABS and alarm faults but had an issue with the Auto HVAC diagnostic. The climate control and convenience unit was an area I really wanted to inspect but everytime I ran it the device would cut out saying 'too many faults to list' Tried it on the 2003 A2 and got the same issue.

Is there any way around this or do I need to have a 'professional' VagCom plugged in to review/clear all the old faults?

I would say so as the full vag com's have more facility to do this. The climate faults i would say are similar to what was on mine, if you run it on AUTO all the time the motors stick so that stick (even if it then moves) will put a fault on

Phil

Back