What's your other hobby besides your A2?

L162LZ

United-Kingdom
What else besides your A2 is a time (and money) pit. For me it's my Koi pond which we built during lockdown as a pre retirement project.
There's nothing better when the sun is out to relax with a coffee and throw pellets in to the fish !!

Attachments

• IMG20230614182604.jpg
    IMG20230614182604.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG20231015112041.jpg
    IMG20231015112041.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
What else besides your A2 is a time (and money) pit. For me it's my Koi pond which we built during lockdown as a pre retirement project.
There's nothing better when the sun is out to relax with a coffee and throw pellets in to the fish !!
My parents moved into a smaller house post retirement, but their previous house had a pond with koi. I really enjoyed feeding them; it is indeed wonderfully calming.

Outside the world of Audi A2s, I enjoy music and audio systems, woodwork and DIY, gardening, landscape photography, hiking and alpinism, amongst various other things. Variety is the spice of life. I also have a fair appetite for WW1&2 history, though find most topics interesting if they're well presented.

Cheers,

Tom

Well, I am used to working on older cars, having owned my Rover 800 Coupe for about 16 years.
I have recently got back into Tamiya RC cars for the first time since I was a kid in the 80s (I am OLD!!)
Up until about 4 years ago I was a serious mountain biker, with regular trips to the French Alps, and various trail centres in the UK, along with local trails at Peaslake, Leith Hill and Bracknel. I stopped when my Mum became ill as i didn't want to have another injury while I was caring for her. I have a few broken bones and screws etc.

I have also started watching a YouTube channel or two on a subject I have been interested in for a while: Ancient human civilisations, the human history timeline, and what was on earth prior to our current "accepted" understanding of the human timeline. And what happened to older civilisations.
I have long believed that the Dynastic Egyptians didn't build all of the work in Egypt, or even all the pyramids. Or the Inca's didn't build all of what is in Peru etc.

There is now growing evidence for a cataclysmic event that happened on earth between 12,800 and 11,500 years ago. The Younger Dryas period.
And that ties in very neatly with the place in Turkey, Geobleki Tepe that has been dated to have been covered up around 11000++ years ago. That would make it when it stopped being used. Not when it was created.

#Awaits scorn poured on my thoughts.....

Well, I am used to working on older cars, having owned my Rover 800 Coupe for about 16 years.
I have recently got back into Tamiya RC cars for the first time since I was a kid in the 80s (I am OLD!!)
Up until about 4 years ago I was a serious mountain biker, with regular trips to the French Alps, and various trail centres in the UK, along with local trails at Peaslake, Leith Hill and Bracknel. I stopped when my Mum became ill as i didn't want to have another injury while I was caring for her. I have a few broken bones and screws etc.

I have also started watching a YouTube channel or two on a subject I have been interested in for a while: Ancient human civilisations, the human history timeline, and what was on earth prior to our current "accepted" understanding of the human timeline. And what happened to older civilisations.
I have long believed that the Dynastic Egyptians didn't build all of the work in Egypt, or even all the pyramids. Or the Inca's didn't build all of what is in Peru etc.

There is now growing evidence for a cataclysmic event that happened on earth between 12,800 and 11,500 years ago. The Younger Dryas period.
And that ties in very neatly with the place in Turkey, Geobleki Tepe that has been dated to have been covered up around 11000++ years ago. That would make it when it stopped being used. Not when it was created.

#Awaits scorn poured on my thoughts.....
Very interesting, but also depressing that as a child of the 60s that you think a child of the 80s you're old!! 😥😥

Little Dog is not a hobby, he’s supposed to be my daily but he has been on sick leave and I’ve been getting around in my better half's cast off Merc. I would fix him but i have a broken car in my lockup that refuses to be fixed and move on. Cars are a chore! I have two cars though that I could consider hobbies if I didn’t have such a car maintenance backlog.
My hobby, coarse fishing:

IMG_1980.jpeg

Researching my family history. Just got to the bit where, in 1835, 2 very distant cousins were sentenced to transportation for life for stealing cattle. Off to Port Arthur in Tasmania. which incidentally is well worth a visit, most interesting, don't need to be a convict to go there now ....

My parents moved into a smaller house post retirement, but their previous house had a pond with koi. I really enjoyed feeding them; it is indeed wonderfully calming.

Outside the world of Audi A2s, I enjoy music and audio systems, woodwork and DIY, gardening, landscape photography, hiking and alpinism, amongst various other things. Variety is the spice of life. I also have a fair appetite for WW1&2 history, though find most topics interesting if they're well presented.

Cheers,

Tom
tom check your messages mate.

Back