Trim swap over

Nat_s2

A2OC Donor
Am about to swap a trim over from cloth to leather

The cloth trim I am taking out is a 4 seater trim

The leather trim I am putting in is a 5 seater

Do I have to inform the DVLA of the Change?

Will it effect a future MOT?

The rear seats wont fit im affraid people have looked into this before and they are not interchangable

I am not qualified to give anything other than a layperson view, but I would intuitively say 'yes' as you are increasing the carrying capability of the car from its original design and registration.

I might well be wrong here as I haven't been around for a good while, but I seem to recall that the floor pan is different between the two seated rear and the bench. A swap might not therefore be doable without wholesale changes to the floor.

I am not qualified to give anything other than a layperson view, but I would intuitively say 'yes' as you are increasing the carrying capability of the car from its original design and registration.

I might well be wrong here as I haven't been around for a good while, but I seem to recall that the floor pan is different between the two seated rear and the bench. A swap might not therefore be doable without wholesale changes to the floor.

Thanks for that guys

Bought a full car just to swap the trim over nowt am stuck with it lol :-(

Hi Nat,

Are the front leather seats Sport seats? What colour are they, please?

The differences between 4- and 5-seater A2s is covered here...
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?23946-A-Guide-to-the-A2-s-Boot-and-Rear-Seats
As others have mentioned, swapping between the two systems is as good as impossible.

Cheers,

Tom

Unfortunately not sport seats

Here is a picture not the best one but indicates the colour
ca7f819aee52d53da34689d1e6590d20.jpg

Unfortunately not sport seats

Here is a picture not the best one but indicates the colour
ca7f819aee52d53da34689d1e6590d20.jpg
They look like sport seats to me, you can see the larger bolster in ther bottom right corner, by the seat belt socket.

Do they have the switch for the lumbar on the woutside bottom side trim? If so that would also indicate they are Sport seats (but not conclusive alone)

Steve B

They look like sport seats to me, you can see the larger bolster in ther bottom right corner, by the seat belt socket.

Do they have the switch for the lumbar on the woutside bottom side trim? If so that would also indicate they are Sport seats (but not conclusive alone)

Steve B

come on Steve - I know it's late but these are not sports seats. The bolsters are way too flat. Nice seats as leather invariably is on A2 as they're good quality. But they are SE platinum spec.

come on Steve - I know it's late but these are not sports seats. The bolsters are way too flat. Nice seats as leather invariably is on A2 as they're good quality. But they are SE platinum spec.
The seat back bolsters look to be Sport ones, just look at how deep they are front to back in the bottom right corner of the picture. Look at the handbrake and you can see the front edge of the bolster, then follow that down and you can see how far back it goes where the seat back meets the base. That is a very wide bolster, wider than an SE,
Granted the seat base bolsters look like SE ones but that could be the angle (taken from above) it makes them look shallower than they are.

I still think they are Sport seats, but I am often wrong!!!

Steve B

The seat back bolsters look to be Sport ones, just look at how deep they are front to back in the bottom right corner of the picture. Look at the handbrake and you can see the front edge of the bolster, then follow that down and you can see how far back it goes where the seat back meets the base. That is a very wide bolster, wider than an SE,
Granted the seat base bolsters look like SE ones but that could be the angle (taken from above) it makes them look shallower than they are.

I still think they are Sport seats, but I am often wrong!!!

Steve B

I'll take some more pictures tomorrow but I am sure they are SE spec

They are for sale if anyone is interested make me an offer

Just bare in mind they are a 5 seat version

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll take some more pictures tomorrow but I am sure they are SE spec

They are for sale if anyone is interested make me an offer

Just bare in mind they are a 5 seat version

If you have rear bench leather then they are quite rare. :)

Back