Has anyone fitted a Parrot?

John H

Just got my A2, and the first thing I'm missing is my Parrot bluetooth hands free phone set up I have in my VW.

It's this one http://www.parrotshopping.com/uk/p_parrot_item.aspx?i=112175

I confess I'm a real mobile phone luddite, but the Parrot thingy is close to black magic in my book, and I MUST have one in the A2.

Trouble is, I can't find an appropriate surface to mount one.

Any suggestions?

:)

I've fitted a couple of these kits to members cars and position varies depending on preference and whether the driver is left of right handed.

There are many different mounting positions around the steering wheel area or central tunnel.

PM me for details.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll take you up on that shortly.

This is the other alternative

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/carstereos/parrotrk8200

As far as I can tell, this is not on the UK market yet (unless anyone knows otherwise). It would slightly spoil the looks of the central dash, but it would upgrade the single play cd set up (next to useless IMHO) and resolve the bluetooth issue in one fell swoop. It also looks like incredible value at £149.

Anyone know any more about this unit?

Cheers

John H

John

Go for the 3000 Evo and you can place this next to the gear lever. Mike (Skipton) fitted mine and it is a great piece of kit. Most people I deal with conceal their ID so I don't need a display! Also BlackBerry won't transfer voice tags to the Parrot but I have another one for the current A2 as they are the best buy for the money and mute the radio etc.

Just waiting to call on Mike to give me a hand fitting it - How are you fixed?

Hi Foghorn,

I'm busy at work at the moment and then on Monday, I'm going in for another knee op.

If you can pop over sometime towards the end of February, I should be mobile enough to sort you out then.

Cheers,

Mike

Has anyone got any pics of installed Parrot kits?

I have one in my Leon and it's superb and am therefore keen to fit one in the A2 for the Mrs :cool:

TIA

Cheers for the info! Would love to see a pic of it in the car at some point... finding a suitable location for the Parrot Kit in my Leon was equaly problematic and in the end I had it installed at the top of the windscreen just above the rear view mirror - great place for it but this won't work in the A2 due to the small sunvisor over the mirror :rolleyes:

Cheers for the info! Would love to see a pic of it in the car at some point... finding a suitable location for the Parrot Kit in my Leon was equaly problematic and in the end I had it installed at the top of the windscreen just above the rear view mirror - great place for it but this won't work in the A2 due to the small sunvisor over the mirror :rolleyes:

Your wish is my command ... see below. :D

This link is to a page on my website which I used to advertise and sell my Beetle, but if you look through some of the interior pictures you can see how I fitted the Parrot kit into it, looked almost like it had been done by the factory. I still cannot think of a way of doing this equally neatly in the A2 though. :confused:

http://www.arthurlea.com/beetle/index.htm

:)

Thanks for the pic John!

The fitting in your beetle looked great and very factory! Hopefully someone will come up with a suitable solution for the A2 soon...

We have a Parrot CK3100 in the Freelander, but for the A2, I'd like to buy a RK8200 to replace the Blaupunkt head unit I currenlty have.
I will also fit in the TF a Grundig headunit with Bluetooth capability. The interresting thing is that the bluetooth module is made by Parrot. I don't want anything else but Parrot. I had a Pioneer bluetooth headunit (which was stolen) and it was the age of stone compared to a Parrot, I mean for handsfree phone functions.
Anyway, back to the RK8200 : it's not very expensive, if you consider it's also a stereo headunit. Just slot in a cheap SD 8Gb mem card, and you have WEEKS of non stop music :)

Interesting to see that someone else has picked up on the RK8200. I'd love one, but as yet it is not compatible with the data bus in the later A2, although Parrot have hinted that there will be a later version which will be compatible.

If you fit one, be sure to post a pic, I'd love to see it.

JH

Interesting to see that someone else has picked up on the RK8200. I'd love one, but as yet it is not compatible with the data bus in the later A2, although Parrot have hinted that there will be a later version which will be compatible.

If you fit one, be sure to post a pic, I'd love to see it.

JH
Sure I will do.
No problem with my A2, it's a pre-canBUS one.
I will attempt at the same time to fit speakers in the rear doors...

The RK 8200 is now on display in your local Halfords, and a very impressive bit of kit it looks too, albeit none too compatible looking with the A2 dash.

From what I've read else where the front of the face plate sits proud of the unit too and looks a little odd when installed...

mounting position for Parrot display

As it happens, just had a Parrot CK3100 put in my A6, replacing a Nokia hard-wired single-handset kit. Absolutely brilliant.

However, once the Nokia gubbins was taken out, the car-specific Dashmount fitting remained and the engineer simply stuck the Parrot display to that. I believe that a Dashmount fitting (£20?) is available for the A2. Try here.

http://shop.dashmount.co.uk/audi.asp

Back