A2 Drive In The Cotswolds

wooly A2

Has been a little quiet this year on the Social front
and was wondering if anyone is interested in going on a drive
through the very beautiful Cotswolds .........

Please check out this site
http://www.theopenroad.co.uk/static_216.htm

We have two routes to choose from , the two circular routes which are shown on the map
on the site above ,we could combine this drive with a pub lunch or picnic somewhere i have chatted to several A2OC members about this drive and we are looking for some more A2OC members to join us i think it would make an ideal scenic place to drive where there are plenty of places where we could stop on the route to admire the scenery......

Places of interest would be
-------------------------------------------------------------
Bourton-on-the-water ,Birdlip ,Bibury ,Broadway ,Burford
Chrikley hill country park,Chipping Campden,Cirencester,Cheltenham
Duntisbourne Leer
Great Tew, Gloucester Docks, Guiting Power,
Lower Slaughter,Lechlade
Moreton-in-the-marsh
Naunton
Snowshill, Stow-on-the-Wold, Sevenhampton
Tetbury, The Barringtons,Taddington
Winchcombe ,Westonbirt Arboretum

Please let me know if you are interested ........

Last edited:
My usual route to Swindon (major client's office) from the midlands takes me through Moreton - Stowe - Burford - Lechlade.

Burford is a small cotswold town with lots of tourists and what appears to be plenty of tea rooms. There is a reasonable sized car park off to the left as you come over the bridge when entering from the north (is signed)

Lechlade has a huge grass car park on the south side of the Thames and walks either way along the Thames together with boat hire. Fewer refreshment locations but should be great for a photo opportunity - pity we don't have an A2 any more!

Never stopped in Stowe or Moreton other than in Tesco - and IIRC it doesn't have a cafe!

I'd try to make that

As I work in Bristol, should work out fine. Keep us posted and count me in.

OK DATES
I Was thinking perhaps the weekend
12/13 August or 26/27 August
or maybe early September .....

Which dates could you attend ........

Last edited:
Any of the dates are currently good for me. I'll have a chat with my next-door-neighbour who also recently bought an A2 to see if he'd be interested.

Great to see some interest in this event,
i have decided on a provisional date
of 9th September as this will be out of
school summer holidays and hopefully people
will have come back of their holidays by then........

If you intend to go please can you enter your name on
the event confirmation under the calender on the homepage ...

Looking forward to this one ........

A2 drive in Cotswolds

Wooly, I'll be there if I am still in Wiltshire on 9 September. Depends entirely on my Consultant, cos I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next! Very frustrating!

Hey - I just realised that the 9th is the day of the Beaulie autojumble that I always go to with my Dad - so will not be around for this one. I am sorry about this folks - particularly to you Wooly, as I know you put the research in on this one.

I am sure it'll still be a great day for the rest of you though. I'll see if I can find some Audi memorabilia at Beaulie - one day we'll all be going there for our classic A2 spares.

Ben

Hello,
Will be looking forward to this event,where might we be starting from or would we be joining en route as I appreciate that people will be coming from different locations.

Malcolm

OK Sorry have not been around for a while but i have been on Hols in Devon and Cornwall and recently working away in Chesterfield ......

Just thought i would let you ....ALL KNOW .....THAT
A2 Drive is still on September 9th
Please sign up if you are interested , my wife and i have done a pre-drive around the Cotswolds today and we really enjoyed it lots of surprises and gems along the way ..
Just wanted to try and familarize ourselves with some of the route ,we will be taking as we dont want lots of A2's getting lost .....

We where a little dissapointed to see how many people have dropped out
but for those of you that are attending as long as the weather holds out it will be a memorable day for all ........

We started at Cheltenham at Pittsville Pump Room as per instructions for Romantic Road guide but upon looking where people are coming from maybe it would be better if we start from Burford in the Cotswolds as it is a little closer for some people and we dont want people to have to travel the same piece of road twice if you know what i mean ......

The route will be a circular route so if we start from the Car Park in Burford anyone who does not want to do the whole circuit can make there way back home on the return from Cheltenham .......

Also finding your way through Cheltenham can be a little tricky .......
Please if anyone has any further ideas or concerns please PM me or just answer here .....

After todays trip out we are really looking forward to next weekend ......

We can assure you you will not be dissapointed

Bump is there anyone out there !!!!!
Its not to late to sign up for this
Saturday September 9th ......
Would Be GREAT to see you ALL !!!!

I'm still down to go, but who else will be there?

If it turns into a general no-show I'll have to consider dropping out as that way I can save some fuel and get my new superdrive fitted to my iBook

Come on people...

Back