A2 owners in Hungary?

bm_sthlm

A2OC Donor
Hey,

I live temporarily in Hungary now, for a couple of years. Any A2/Audi owners here? I currently live in the city of Debrecen. If there is anyone here by any chance maybe you could recommend a garage, a rim repair shops, tires....etc...

Last edited:
Hi,

There are a few A2 owners here in Hungary, but I do not know anyone from Debrecen. I'm in Budapest. I can recommend atleast some webshops for you, they are use to send stuffs to anywhere in Hungary. Etc. vilagitas.eu for bulbs you already know, gumimarket.hu for tires, etc. If you need some advice you can post here later...

Norbert

Hi Norbert.

Yea, my bulbs from vilagitas arrived today, they have a very good service and price. Im very satisfied with them. I will probably install them later today or tomorrow. I have also been at http://www.bardiauto.hu/ and they seem alright. I have not checked gumimarket yet. But I was looking for a mechanic, I have a few things I would like to check out but I dont speak any Hungarian and Im new in town so its hard to find a good one. I have been at VAG a few times but they are kinda expensive. :|

Hi,

There is a good garage here in Budapest, I can recommend them if you have some major, tricky or A2 specific issue: www.audi-service.hu . For regular services you should find a Bosch Service Point in Debrecen, but you need somebody who can help because they usually do not speak English.

(Are you studying something at the university or do you have some job in Debrecen?)

Yes, you are absolutely right. Im a student here at the university.

Thats nice, I'm starting to suspect that I need a clutch change soon. The clutch take very high up, almost at the top. But I have not noticed any slipping yet, so I guess a still have a few km left in it. But something I have noticed is that at low rpm it makes a grinding sound until I release the clutch completely. But at higher/normal rpm its all good.

I also noticed that they retro fit the cruise controller, thats very nice. Not to expensive either. Do you know if it can be installed in any tdi?

Cruise control can be retrofitted for any TDI and for most of the petrol models. Mine have been done by this guy:
http://tempomatszereles.hu/audi/a2_8z/tempomat-c28.html

Your clutch should be checked by the Doni Motors... Meanwhile you can do some sightseeing in Budapest...

Hi,

Apparently the 1.2 tdi is a bit of a challenge but I believe that it too can be done.
It is no surprise that it is more difficult considering the gearbox change etc.

Steve B

£56 for a cruise control fitted is a bargain

It is more than that!! It surely can't be right unless it is fitting only, or parts only?

I know that it is not a quick job, I have tried it and I can't see how anyone could do it for that price.

Steve B

Well, I definitely have to get this done. But I have to wait and get it done after my exams, In 2-3 weeks. :(

Accrding to google translate:
The listed price includes the following:
- index arm
- Harness
- installed correctly
- 1 year warranty
Cruise control installation time: approx. 1-1.5 hours
Price: 20000 HUF

"Luckily" I dont have the 1.2, I have the 1.4 75hp. So I was thinking maybe its a good idea to get it chipped at the same time. Because I dont think I will find anyone here in Debrecen he would do it.

It includes the genuine control stalk + wires if needed + fitting (took about 1 hour for me).
But do not forget that this is Hungary...
(some services are very cheap here, e.g. I have just fitted 4 new tires for less than £20. In Germany it would be more than 100 EUR... UK price must be about the same...)

That guy is very good in fixing and retrofitting stereos, satnavs or any kind of electrical devices...

It is more than that!! It surely can't be right unless it is fitting only, or parts only?

I know that it is not a quick job, I have tried it and I can't see how anyone could do it for that price.

Steve B

20,000.00 HUF = 55.4501 GBP
Hungarian Forint ↔ British Pound
1 HUF = 0.00277250 GBP 1 GBP = 360.685 HUF

The joys of rip off Britain.

quite a few parts for Vw group are made in Hungary and anyway companies only charge what the locals are prepared to pay.

Fair enough !!!

I would settle for the parts only for that price !!!

The loom is around £35 from Germany and the new stalk has to be £25+ surely

What is the hourly rate for the labour?

Steve B

Ennio,
I work for a Bp subsidiary so I know all about it plus most of the Jobs went from Hemel hempsted to Haller Gardens Offices In Budapest,Have been to Budapest many times and once this year.

The Huf is good if travelling just now at 360huf to the Quid, I usually drink in the kaledonia one street back from the octagon if you know the area.

and IT jobs are moving from Budapest to Bangalore, India ...

(currently I'm working very close to the Haller Gardens, near the Kalvin square...)

I have a exam on the 9th but I want to try to come and get it installed on the 10th. But I have to call them and book a time. It would be nice to meet up also if you have time on that day.

Back