All black interior

Skipton01

Admin Team
Picked up my new, all-black interior parts on Saturday. They'd managed to damage one of the A pillar trims in transit, and offered me a replacement without argument, early next week.

Getting the stuff back home was a challenge - just because the headliner fits into the car doesn't mean you can carry it easily!!

Anyway, got back safely and the fitting took about 4 hours.

End result - well pleased. The car now looks more 'meant' if you know what I mean. Everything blends together better. It'll be even more cohesive when I get the rest of the bits on, visors, switch panels, grab handles etc

I'll post some photos soon. Expect to see a complete grey headlining set on Ebay before long!

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), all round tinting and retro-fitted cruise control.(The NEW Tank). Black headlining and retro-fit Bose coming soon!!!

Come on, we are all dying to see the pics!

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Couldn't upload them at work. Give me a few minutes and I'll let you all in on it!

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), all round tinting and retro-fitted cruise control.(The NEW Tank). Black headlining and retro-fit Bose coming soon!!!

Ok chaps and chap-esses. Here you go, the only A2 in the country (afaik) with an all-black interior (apart from the red leather!)

Next step is to get those grey sun visors out and the switch plates etc. That'll be next month, because Bose is on the way!![23]

Call me sad, but I like the contrast between the black roof lining and the switch panels, sunvisors, handles etc.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Love the Red Leather[8D]

Wondering about upgrading our seats to leather but wouldn't know where to look! ??

Our latest A2 TDi in silver has a very</u> dark grey trim to the pillars and headlining, which matches the fabric seats and dash. Our other TDi has the grey trim similar to the pics of your visors and grab handles. Although ours probably isn't the black you've fitted, it's so much nicer than the grey.

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent|Climate| Front Centre Armrest|6 x CD
A2 1.4TDI SE - 90 BHP - Aluminium Silver|Climate|Front Centre Armrest|OpenSky|CD Player|CoPilot|4 x Airbags

And now for some less pretty pictures - these were taken after the old lining had been extracted but before the new one was installed.

Basically, every piece of trim from sill level had to be removed in order to remove the headliner - a complete pain in the a**e, but well worth the final result, I think.

Plus, I saved £75 per hour labour for Mr Audi to do it, that's £300 saved in total.

Here's a trivia question for you all, how many screws needed removing to remove the following:
Upper A pillar trims
Upper B pillar trims
Lower B pillar trims
Rear seats
Rear door sill trims and wheel housing trims
Boot cross panel trim
Boot side panel trims
C pillar trims
D pillar trims

Answers on a postcard etc etc and I'll give you the correct answer in a couple of days!

My Mr Audi charges a LOT more than £75 per hour. Yours up in the frozen north must walk around with his a*** hanging out of his trousers and holes in his shoes!

I'll do my level best to get there - where abouts is Castle Combe exactly?

I'm guessing 120 on the screws
P.S. Yes I know its 2 in the morning, I've got insomnia so it would seem

Crystal Blue A2 TDi Sport. 17" Alloys, Climate, DIS, IceLink Plus. possible cruise and chip to come
thumb.jpg

Way out Jamie - way, way out!!!!!

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank). Retro-fit Bose coming soon!!! Now if only I could find a TT 3.2litre engine.........
A215.jpg

Looks very nice, you've given me a few ideas for when my car is out of warranty in february...

2003 52 Ebony Black A2 1.6 FSI Sport, DIS, Open Sky, 6 CD Symphony II, Auto Climate, rear electric windows, 8 speakers, front fogs.

Which bits are you thinking of? And why wait until your warranty runs out - my car's only 10months old. All the parts used are approved Audi bits and they have been fitted in accordance with manufacturers instructions, so everything is still warrantied.

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank). Retro-fit Bose coming soon!!! Now if only I could find a TT 3.2litre engine.........
A215.jpg

Thats a good point....

One of the main things i was looking at doing was removing the open-sky sunscreen/blind, I notice that you've done this...
the link on a2oc.net for the instructions isn't working, is it a hard job to do?

other things i'd love to do would be to turn it into a S-line, RNS-E DVD navigation, different wheels (mine are badly curbed - not by me though!) so there's a few bits I wanna do.

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

2003 52 Ebony Black A2
1.6 FSI Sport, DIS, Open Sky, 6 CD Symphony II, Auto Climate, rear electric windows, 8 speakers, front fogs.

Removing the shade is a doddle - simply open the roof with the shade closed, look into the opening from outside and you will see 4 springs with little plastic runners on them. Push these in towards the centre of the shade and out of their channels, one at a time until you can lift out the sliding part.

Then you need a flat lever, something like a 1 inch scraper will do. Simply insert this between the headlining and the metal trim piece of the remaining shade and pop it out of the retaining clips all round (there are about 15-20 from memory). Then simply lift and twist the shade out through the roof.

Making it up to S-line is quite easy too, basically if you have a sport model, it already is an S-line, bar the interior trim details. If you want to fit a black roofliner, then budget on £1000 fitted, or £650-ish for the parts.

I've thought about RNS-E as well, but to be honest, it doesn't do as much as my XDA 2i and Blaupunkt DAB 54 put together. Sure it plays DVDs, but not movie discs (so I've heard), but there's no DAB function, there's no recording to SD card, and you're stuch with the Nav software that Audi tells you to use. Plus it's out of your line of sight, which isn't the best thing with regard to driving safety! Oh and you'll need to get a new air-con panel to fit at the bottom of the console, as well as a double din cage, and harness adapters. And even then, you'll have to take a Dremel to the faceplate!!!!

Seriously, I wouldn't bother. You'd be better off spending a bit more on upgrading the sound system and fitting an aftermarket nav system.

Wheels, well I'm with you on that front. I'm thinking of 18" myself at some point.

A215.jpg

Cheers, I'll have a look at the sunblind tommorrow!

I have the Symphony II HU, so already have the double-din cage, and relavant climate unit, which would make life a bit easier if i did fit it, i'd need to justify the cost of the sat-nav before fitting it, I cuurently only do about 6-7k mile per year, so sat-nav would be a luxury (that i probably wouldn't use that much!)

For wheels, I think the 17" sport wheels suit the cars bold lines well, but they curb waay to easily! I've always loved porsche rimes, mille miglia do some nice replicas in both 17" and 18", but not the turbo look II's I'd like though :(

Thread hijack over...sorry!

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

2003 52 Ebony Black A2
1.6 FSI Sport, DIS, Open Sky, 6 CD Symphony II, Auto Climate, rear electric windows, 8 speakers, front fogs.

No worries - feel free to comment on any part of the thread!

If it's just kerbing that worries you, why not go for 225/40 R 17 tyres next time, preferably ones with a rim protector, such as Toyo ProXes.

They'll fit the 7J rims a treat and give you that extra bit of rubber!

The sunshade job was the first thing I did on my new car (about a week after taking delivery actually) and it takes about 15 minutes all in. Just go steady and don't apply too much pressure when releasing things.

A215.jpg

Back