Another cruise question

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Last one, I promise. I'm putting wires into the ECU for cruise, but some of the places already have wires in them, do I need to put both wires into the same pin?
Thanks

Last edited:
There's some details on the wiring in this post:

No you can remove those wires. They will be going to the white socket but if you choose to wire directly to the ecu then just remove the wires to the four ecu pins

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can remove those wires. They will be going to the white socket but if you choose to wire directly to the ecu then just remove the wires to the four ecu pins

Cheers

Paul, I did think this, but they are different colours to those that should be plugged into the ECU, is this normal?

Paul, I did think this, but they are different colours to those that should be plugged into the ECU, is this normal?
Also, 3 of the pins are taken, not just 1. I have seen others say only 1 should be taken in petrol models?

Also, 3 of the pins are taken, not just 1. I have seen others say only 1 should be taken in petrol models?

Not got much experience with petrol and cruise
Are you 100% sure you are connecting to the correct pins
Certainly on the diesel the 4 pins are only used for for cc so they are either empty ie no wires or if populated the wires are to the white socket

The pin numbers on the ECU for CC depend on the engine and are NOT the same for TDI, 1.4 petrol and 1.6 FSI.
Following the wiring information for the different engines, read out of the official wiring schematic (can be bought from Audi here).

To note: There is a difference for interconnection between ECU and white socket that depends on the model year of the A2 (2001/02 and 2003). That is only important if you connect the CC stalk cable loom into the white socket instead of directly into the ECU.

The connection between ECU and white socket is sometimes already there, that means all the 4 connections on the ECU are occupied.
If you found another number than 4 or 0 of the CC-pins already occupied, i recommend to check the pin numbers again!

Model Year 2001/02
1.4 Petrol
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T17b Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.4 Petrol ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 7(Blue) <==> (75)
3 <==> 8(Blue/Red) <==> (57)
4 <==> 10(White) <==> (38)
5 <==> 9(Black/Red) <==> (76)
7 <==> 10(White) <==> (38)
6 <==> Connect to ignition +12V (e.g. brake light switch pin #2 with wire color red/green)

TDI
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (TDI ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 7(Blue/Black) <==> (45)
3 <==> 8(Blue/Red) <==> (44)
4 <==> 10(White) <==> (14)
5 <==> 9(Black/Red) <==> (46)
7 <==> 10(White) <==> (14)
6 <==> Connect to ignition +12V (e.g. brake light switch pin #2 with wire color red/green)

Beginning from Model Year 2003
1.4 Petrol
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.4 Petrol ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (75)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (57)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (38)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (76)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (38)

TDI
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (TDI ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (45)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (44)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (14)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (46)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (14)

1.6 FSI
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.6 FSI ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (49)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (51)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (55)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (52)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (55)

Hope it helps someone to installl CC.

Not got much experience with petrol and cruise
Are you 100% sure you are connecting to the correct pins
Certainly on the diesel the 4 pins are only used for for cc so they are either empty ie no wires or if populated the wires are to the white socket

Yes, I'm using the numbers labelled on the ECU plug.

The pin numbers on the ECU for CC depend on the engine and are NOT the same for TDI, 1.4 petrol and 1.6 FSI.
Following the wiring information for the different engines, read out of the official wiring schematic (can be bought from Audi here).

To note: There is a difference for interconnection between ECU and white socket that depends on the model year of the A2 (2001/02 and 2003). That is only important if you connect the CC stalk cable loom into the white socket instead of directly into the ECU.

The connection between ECU and white socket is sometimes already there, that means all the 4 connections on the ECU are occupied.
If you found another number than 4 or 0 of the CC-pins already occupied, i recommend to check the pin numbers again!

Model Year 2001/02
1.4 Petrol
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T17b Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.4 Petrol ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 7(Blue) <==> (75)
3 <==> 8(Blue/Red) <==> (57)
4 <==> 10(White) <==> (38)
5 <==> 9(Black/Red) <==> (76)
7 <==> 10(White) <==> (38)

TDI
2 <==> 7(Blue/Black) <==> (45)
3 <==> 8(Blue/Red) <==> (44)
4 <==> 10(White) <==> (14)
5 <==> 9(Black/Red) <==> (46)
7 <==> 10(White) <==> (14)

Beginning from Model Year 2003
1.4 Petrol
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.4 Petrol ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (75)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (57)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (38)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (76)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (38)

TDI
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (45)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (44)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (14)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (46)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (14)

1.6 FSI
CC-Stalk T10n Pin # <==> White Socket T10s Pin # (WireColor) <==> (1.6 FSI ECU Pin #)
2 <==> 3(Blue/Black) <==> (49)
3 <==> 6(Blue/Red) <==> (51)
4 <==> 2(White) <==> (55)
5 <==> 7(Black/Red) <==> (52)
7 <==> 2(White) <==> (55)

Hope it helps someone to installl CC.
I'm using the pin numbers labelled on the ECU plug. I don't have a white connector either, which is why I thought it was weird that so many of the pins should be occupied.

Are all of the pins for the petrol wiring to ecu occupied ?
If all four are occupied then it looks like the car is already wired for cc if only some then not cc wiring but there is nothing else which uses these four ecu pins other than cc
All very strange !!!
You could always remove the wire(s) from the ecu socket then check that everything’s works as normal
I use a scalpel blade to move the tang out of the way so the connector socket can be extracted much easier if the wire is present as there is something to pull on

Cheers. Paul

Are all of the pins for the petrol wiring to ecu occupied ?
If all four are occupied then it looks like the car is already wired for cc if only some then not cc wiring but there is nothing else which uses these four ecu pins other than cc
All very strange !!!
You could always remove the wire(s) from the ecu socket then check that everything’s works as normal
I use a scalpel blade to move the tang out of the way so the connector socket can be extracted much easier if the wire is present as there is something to pull on

Cheers. Paul

Only 3 are occupied. Is it safe to unplug pins to try?

Hmm, what ECU pin numbers have you used in particular and what colors do the original wires have (those 3 that are occupied)?

Only 3 are occupied. Is it safe to unplug pins to try?

If you are sure, that the chosen pins of the ECU are correct: unplug those 3 pins and temporary isolate them (avoid short circuit by accident).
Then turn on the ignition and check for unusual warning lights and if there are any fault codes stored within the ECU.
Turn engine on and check again.
This test won't damage the ECU, you can safely plug the original 3 pins back into the socket afterwards (if necessary).

I have never seen the case that only part of the 4 CC-pins are already occupied. It was always all 4 or none of them.

Just a thought............ you haven't confused the comfort module with the engine ECU.....the comfort module is the black one on top and the ecu lives below it just hidden from view.... silver/metal in colour.........its easy to as they both have multi plugs with plenty of wires.

It is easy enough to pick the wrong pin numbers on the ECU as only the minority of the pins are labeled. In between the labeled pins you have no other choise than to count yourself.
A picture of the socket with the 3(4) chosen pins would be good for us to help you here.
Better safe then sorry!

Just a thought............ you haven't confused the comfort module with the engine ECU.....the comfort module is the black one on top and the ecu lives below it just hidden from view.... silver/metal in colour.........its easy to as they both have multi plugs with plenty of wires.
No, I've had the comfort module out before, and the ECU has 2 plugs rather than 4.

It is easy enough to pick the wrong pin numbers on the ECU as only the minority of the pins are labeled. In between the labeled pins you have no other choise than to count yourself.
A picture of the socket with the 3(4) chosen pins would be good for us to help you here.
Better safe then sorry!
I have counted myself but I am happy to take a picture if that would help the thread.

just a thought, the small pins in the ECU connector do NOT start at No1, if you look VERY closely you will see at each end of the low of pins a number in the plastic housing, this is the pin number of the very end pin
From memory the top row stats at pin 6 (but I may be wrong
have a look here https://www.google.com/search?q=1562937975.html&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=I4hUilgzq0mFeM%3A%2Cw8k7N7Y1EcFeCM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQht6g2Lf3fJzY5WFcDXJpGsombuA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM_sPhk9vjAhXjRRUIHVB1DVoQ9QEwA3oECAkQCQ#imgrc=I4hUilgzq0mFeM:
These are the numbers I have been using to find the correct pins, thanks anyway for the thought.

Back