Audi Driver International 2012

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, it's come around again - it's time to organise the club stand and gala awards dinner for Audi Driver International.

Those who've been in the past know what a great day out it is, with all manner of things going on to keep you thoroughly entertained from 9am when the gates open, to 5pm after the Grand Parade has finished.

For more info on the event, take a click here:

http://audidriverinternational.co.uk

Traditionally, we've had a strong turn out for the club stand, so let's ensure that the same happens again this year. Please indicate your attendance by completing the corresponding section of the calendar entries. As before, to secure a club stand place, we'll require a £2 Paypal donation, which will also give you entry into the raffle to win a years subscription to Audi Driver magazine. You will still have to pay entry on the gate however, the £2 is not deductible from the entrance fee.

If you are planning on attending the gala awards ceremony and dinner, then please again complete the relevant calendar entry and also PM me for instructions on how to pay and then I'll make a group booking (if you make a separate booking, we cannot guarantee that we'll all get to sit together as a club. 10 people are needed to make up a full table).

Here are the relevant places to put your name down:

Castle Combe daytime event: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=64&day=2012-10-13&c=1

Swindon Hilton evening event: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=65

Last edited:
im down for the day. ADI is always a great turn out and i really enjoy seeing members in the flesh so to speak.
Cheers mike

Result! Why did I think this was the previous weekend when I'm at a wedding. Will be at the daytime event, but will take the opportunity to visit nearby family. So the evening not for me. Shame really, my mate looking for an r8 - could have pressed a suit into a good deal. :p

Last edited:
We will be there again. Hilton booked. Not sure on the Saturday dinner. We really liked the dinner we had last year and would prefer same again. Thoughts???

Petra

Hi to anybody interested in staying at the hilton hotel they have some offers running at the moment--but be quick they don't stay around for long. We have booked for friday night as well as the sat night. So looking forward to catching up with everyone.
cheeers mike and vonnie

I have put my name down for the daytime event. I will have to come back on the evening do as I will dropping in on my sister when I am there.

Hotel all booked with evening meal on first night.

Cheers

David

Hello!
I am going to be at ADI 2012 with the TTOC :). I'll flight from Alicante (Spain) to Bristol friday 12 and return Sunday 14.
I booked at the Hilton Swindon hotel and will be at the Awards Dinner with the TTOC.
Sure I am going to visit your stand.

Cheers!

Last edited:
That's great. Quite a few of us will be staying at the Hilton from the Friday to the Sunday. But make sure you join us on our stand for a cup of tea and bacon sarnie.

Cheers

David

Hi to anybody interested in staying at the hilton hotel they have some offers running at the moment--but be quick they don't stay around for long. We have booked for friday night as well as the sat night. So looking forward to catching up with everyone.
cheeers mike and vonnie

Just booked the room for Friday night. Good deal at £41 with thanks to Riverlad for the discount link. Off to post my donation for the club stand.

OK,

After being bullied by the girlies at AITP for not having booked the hotel..........It's done. Friday and Saturday night booked for Glyn and me.

Donation made.

See you there.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks David - the table is getting fuller, but I need 10 names to fill it. So far, it's you, Mike Mars and me & Angie. We need 6 more please - I need to book with AD in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Mike

OK, I've had an email today from Audi Driver and the news is good - we've been nominated for an award again this year. I've been asked who will be attending the awards ceremony, and have said that I'll be there, along with Mrs Skipton, Riverlad and MikeMars. Let's get a full table together as a show of strength - it's always a decent atmosphere, there's always good banter and we've a good record in the quiz too ;)

Cheers,

Mike

We have discussed this and based on previous unsavoury experiences at the Gala evening, not to mention the high costs and substandard food quality, we stand by the decision to go out to a pub meal instead. This suits us better as we can also include the boys as we treat this as a family and friends weekend above anything else.

PS. Who would be interested in after dinner entertainment at the local club (I have contacts for VIP treatment)

Thanks for your input Petra. I agree, there have been some less than savoury happenings in the past, but after a year off, I'm willing to give it a go again. My comments to the organisers have been noted and last year when I attended the awards part to collect our award, the general atmosphere seemed a lot better.

I am willing to give it another try this year and although you may see it as a friends and family occasion, it is never the less primarily the culmination of weeks of voting and gives A2OC a chance to be seen by the Audi audience as a whole and this is important to the clubs standing in the Audi community.

With Ben on board now, we have half a table, so 5 more would be great.

Right, I need to tie up the dining arrangements in the next 10 days or so. We have half a table at the moment consisting of Ben, Mike Mars, Riverlad and Mrs Skipton and myself.

Already had payment from Riverlad (thanks!) and the others will be sending a cheque in the near future. So, this is the last call for places on the A2OC table. I'm told that we've won an award again this year, so the more the merrier (and more heads make light work of the quiz too!).

Cheers,

Mike

Club stand donation (plus a bit more) made, but we will not attend the Gala evening.

blue skies
tony

You are welcome for the payment Mike.

So not long now, so if you are thinking of coming along to the Gala Dinner get your name down. It will be a great evening with great company.

And you can see Mike picking up our award :D

Cheers

David

Back