camping in the lake district

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

The annual A2OC camping event this time taking place in the Lake District, Arriving Friday 2nd Sept (Saturday 3rd for those who can't make Friday) and departing on the Sunday 4th Sept.

Although a camping event there is an opportunity (if you book quickly) to stay in a camping pod with electricity, lights and a futon style bed, instead of taking a traditional tent with you! For those of you who would like to come along but don't like camping there are many B&B places close by. (the site does have B&B facilities but unfortunately they are all booked). Others have joined us during the day and for evening food and festivities then returned to hotel/B&B for past events. All welcome!

Myself and Vonnie will be driving up on the Friday if anyone would like to join us - we have helped late arrivals put up tents in the dark at past events!

BOOKING DETAILS:

1. Add your name to the event in the calendar section so that we can keep track of numbers.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=47

2. Call Gillhead Farm on new number 017687 79652 ask to speak to Amanda. Tell her you are booking as part of the Audi A2 car club.
ANYBODY THAT HAS HAD PROBLEMS USING THIS NUMBER PLEASE TRY THIS NEW NUMBER SOMEHOW I HAD PUT THE WRONG NUMBER. i apologise most sincerely to the lady's number i wrongly posted.

3. Let us known on here if you are planning on arriving on the Friday or the Saturday by posting in this thread.

More details on the campsite can be found here www.gillheadfarm.co.uk. The location is Troutbeck, Penrith, Cumbria

PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND
FRIDAY/SATURDAY arrival day
SATURDAY. Thoughts on what you would like,
the last camping event almost everyone said they would like an event where we do not plan, but that if on the day people want to go out for a drive out that we would do so [I will research things to do/places to go so we have ideas to hand]
SUNDAY. Drive out followed by a pub lunch and the return home

Looking forward to catching up with faces old and new.

PS HERE IS THE LATEST PRICE TARIFF
We have availability during August, prices for camping are £8.50pp-pn (half for children 4-13yr) electric hookup if required is £3 per night. camping pods are £35 pn for standard size or £40 per night for large pods. B&B is £30 pp-pn.
For any further info please do phone or email

cheers mike

Last edited:
Canterbury. I haven't heard a single social to be held closer to the continent than Birmingham tho. I'll try and make it to this one anyway, haven't been to any up to now..

Go for it esson others are willing to travel --Heidi is from royal tunbridge wells.so not much different. :D
It is hard to organise locations for everybody so tend to stick to "known" catchment areas.i know the social side of the club is not the main thing people are interested in but it never fails to surprise me the mix of people we do get and how much they enjoy the time together.
Just remember our cars are more economical on a run so enjoy the saving;)
cheers mike

Ah, I was afraid you'd make a few good points, leaving my first comment looking like something some spoiled foreign kid would post. Will do my best to make it. :p

cheers mike
we are booked in with a pod next to your pod. looking forward to a bbq together-with marshmallows?

Hi all,

Booked with Gillhead Campsite for a standard pod this morning! :)

Glamping is the term isn't it? :)

John

well done john on booking a pod--we are also "glamping" this time. should be a good weekend as there is plenty to do and see in the area.
its nice to see some new members are getting in on the act. old and new faces are very welcome to attend--don't worry its not all Audi talk!

so get your tents out and join the fun.cheers mike

That's Angie and me booked!! Although we'll be there Weds to Sat, as we have an important archery tournament on the Sunday (I'm defending champion, so I've got to attend basically).

We're in a pod too - should be interesting.

Hope you've booked the weather Mike?

Cheers,

Mike

I booked a pod yesterday. Still waiting on work, so keep your fingers crossed for me:D I will hopefully driving up the Friday after work so will arriving very late fri:(

So hopefully see you all there :D

Cheers

David

I booked a pod yesterday. Still waiting on work, so keep your fingers crossed for me:D I will hopefully driving up the Friday after work so will arriving very late fri:(

So hopefully see you all there :D

Cheers

David

Fingers are crossed for you. At least with a pod you won't have the hassle of putting up a tent in the dark.

Thanks Vonnie.

I don't know how I managed it, but I have got the week off:D

The guy who was off is moving department so I got in there quick:D
So I am now going to make a long weekend of it and arrive Thursday.

Cheers

David

Thanks Vonnie.

I don't know how I managed it, but I have got the week off:D

The guy who was off is moving department so I got in there quick:D
So I am now going to make a long weekend of it and arrive Thursday.

Cheers

David

Good news David, but now I'm jealous of the Thursday arrival. Perhaps I'll see if our pod is free on the Thursday and then haggle with my boss for the extra day.

come on guys why not give camping or "glamping" a go --- it looks like its going to be a great weekend.

Is anybody camping here with a tent? I was going to take the tent for a few days and stay in a hotel for a couple of days.

Hi Richard yes I know one member for sure is camping- Heidi. I'm sure there are more and the tents are next to pods so we will still be all together.shame you missed kentwell hall at the weekend it was a hood day out . See you soon mike

hi a2'ers not long till we are "glamping" so get your tents and camping gear ready. if you fancy joining us please contact the camp site to see availability of a pitch or a pod. As others will agree the camping is really good fun and we always have a blast. i have ordered the weather so its guaranteed to be hot hot hot
cheers mike

It looks like I will be camping, the hotel is full and the farm has no pods remaining :-(

Back