car mods

zipnjeff

A2OC Donor
Hi all ... just been thinking ... as most of you know ive taken a slightly different approach in modifying my a2 .. im looking for ideas etc and was wondering what mods you would do to your a2s if you went away from the purist approach ... thanks

Hi all ... just been thinking ... as most of you know ive taken a slightly different approach in modifying my a2 .. im looking for ideas etc and was wondering what mods you would do to your a2s if you went away from the purist approach ... thanks

For me it would definitely be something that would change the rear bumper.
I would love to see some way of toning down the large expanse of "rump" especially on the lower part of the rear bumper.
PocoLoco's exhausts exiting it times everything down nicely, or perhaps some other clever way to alter the appearance.
I have gone as far from OEM as I am going (and that is not far) ad I like the A2 as it is, but if you are looking to make some extensive "tweaks" to the car, then the bumper area is one that is worth thinking about. If it is done tastefully enough it could be an improvement?

Also I have long since toyed with the idea of fitting a more modern Audi front grill set up, not easy and may look tacky, but I would love to have the bottle to do it to bring the A2 up to date?

Just some food for thought.

Steve B

I certainly don't think it suits the car as it is, too stuck on, needs work to make it blend somehow and be lower.

Back to topic, I would smooth off all of the mouldings in the bumpers and fit the projectzwo (or whatever its called) front and rear valances and also smooth the bump strips in the side doors.

Last edited:
a2chopped3.jpg

Now this looks nice.

If I were to modify the car outside of the OEM style, and ignoring the impracticalities of doing so, I'd consider going down the electric conversion route.

To me, the A2 seems to be a perfect base to start from; lightweight, practical and plenty of hidden storage for batteries. There are a series of videos on YouTube about someone completing the conversion to the A2, it looks very interesting. From an engineering perspective, I think doing this would be an excellent project! :)

Regards,

Matt.

Modify the headlights and rear light to look Audi LED OEM style...

Projector mod
HIDs
Audi DRLs
Custom Audi Rear LED lights

Electric motor conversion

I've always thought it would perhaps look sleeker/more modern if the windows were say 100mm shorter and the roof was less curved. More flat profile from the top of the windscreen (shorter) to rear window. Would also love to see a new style Audi grille done right.

Perhaps with the grill slightly higher?

and yes, it would have to incorporate the flap, but I am pretty sure that could be done.

a2-3.jpg

Steve B

Last edited:
Some great ideas .. im currently lookin for a bumper i can cut up to try and do an a3 bonnet style grill .. do quite like the look.... also wondered if it would be possible to incorporate the sline kit from an a3 .. would need some cutting and filling and then bonding up .. ive done a few kits on cars now so think i could do this

Back