Central Scotland Cruise 28th March 2009

murdo

Admin Team
Scotland
I'm planning a cruise and pub lunch around Stirling/Bridge of Allan/Dunblane on Saturday 28th March 09. This is a lovely bit of the world for a drive in our beloved wee beasties, and some good photo opportunities around Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument, etc. Thanks to all I have PM'd who have expressed an interest in attending. Could all those interested, or wishing to confirm attendance PM me please so I can keep track of numbers. I'm very familiar with the area, so I will make the necessary arrangements and book a nice place for those wishing a feed, arrange meeting venue/cruise locations and photo stops etc!
I'll also look out accomodation if anyone from further afield is up for a gab with brothers and sisters north of the border :) Any updates will be posted on here, so fingers crossed it goes ahead and the weather is kind to us :D

From myself, Fi, and wee Rowan, a happy and peaceful new year to ye. :)

Last edited:
Looks like a break away has begun lol, hope it goes well Murdo it would have been nice to get up there but the wife will have only been out of hospital a few weeks so will still be looking after her.

Have a great new year if you can, are you working this one or are you free to get a wee bit tipsy lol???

Cheers Phil

Cheers Phil. Cos of the nipper I am off all through the festive season for the second time in 17 years, so making merry tonight! The Scots cruise not so much a breakaway as a nice blend ( pardon the intended pun) be nice to put faces to a few names. Have a good un and will catch up some time, best regard to you and the Mrs. hope all well! :D

Yes its a bit of my sens of humur, a friend of mine is in the fire service but for the last few years he's been off the pumps so hes off for the holidays.
Its nice putting face's to names we will probably catch up at sometime nearly saw you at Mike's we missed by a day (cruise fit)

Cheers Phil

Stop Press!

A celebrity will be dropping by the Scottish Cruise this year (TANK!) :p Tank will also be navigated by a friendly chap with a nifty hairdo. Some of you may recognise him!

As per the attached post you may have read, Mike is coming along on the Scottish Cruise which is great. To make this quite literally a 'Cruise' event of the Skipton variety, would anyone interested in having the upgrade done whilst at the meet PM me or post on this thread and I'll work out how (and where) this can be done! :D

I'll also liase with Mike regarding pricing/deposits and let everyone know.

Thanks for the support Mr Skipton ;)

Quote: Skipton01 Indeed, if there is a demand amongst our Scottish brethren, I could well do a mass fit, as per the London 'event' last year. I was fully intending to go to the first Scottish meet

Last edited:
would be great to meet all of you have you got any numbers yet i know is early days and would also good to meet the main man Skipton01 what sort of upgrades would he be doing in such a sort time ?

would be great to meet all of you have you got any numbers yet i know is early days and would also good to meet the main man Skipton01 what sort of upgrades would he be doing in such a sort time ?

Early days like you say. There are 7 interested so far including myself. As to Mods, I think Mr Hill can fit cruise in around an hour unless Im mistaken. PM him if theres anything else you fancy, although I'm sure he'd like some time to chat with fellow A2 lovers rather than being stuck under the dash of an A2 all day (although he clearly loves it there!!:D) Will post any updates etc as they happen, and going to call Stirling Council next week to get permissions to park up at the castle concourse and anywhere else that might be fun!

Last edited:
As per PM i'll be there.. been in touch with mike R.E cruise.. think i'm going to take a trip down to see him as i dont think i can wait till meet.. :D

Update

Hi folks, Ive been looking at a few possible cruise routes and have come up with 3 nice tours with recommended stops and eating establishments on the way.(Thanks to my cousin Davie who lives in Dunblane for his local knowledge) Rather than create a long post, I'll PM those who want to attend with the details :D
For those tempted to travel a distance to meet your Scots brothers and sisters - or indeed those who may fancy a beer or three and want to stay over!:) there is a Travelodge on the M80 Services in Stirling, which I think will be the perfect starting point for the event, and some Cruise fitting could be done here as well given the space available. If your tastes and wallet are more exclusive than this I'll get some recommendations. Let me know ;)

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=222

Having spoken with Mike, the cruise upgrade will be the bargain price of £160. This includes a 2 year warranty, a VAG COM Scan and the activation of any convenience codings you wish, e.g. automatic door locking. Please PM him for a quote if you are attending and fancy any other jobs doing , bearing in mind theres only so many hours in a day and his Mrs. will be there.

Cheers everyone,
Murdi

Last edited:
The first cruise control slot has been taken, by IainMD (thanks), so there are a maximum of 4 places left now.

If you want to book a place, get in touch asap.

Cheers,

Mike

The first cruise control slot has been taken, by IainMD (thanks), so there are a maximum of 4 places left now.

If you want to book a place, get in touch asap.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike
Time allowing, will you also be offering -
Full diagnostic scans
HID headlamp conversions
SKC code reading (I may make the trip if you are bring the gear along)

Cheers Spike

Yes, all of the above will be on offer, although for warranty purposes (as it's a non-genuine part) and so that people can keep their own preferences, I do not provide HID kits - please source your own (at a price, colour and specification to suit), which I will happily fit on the day.

Cheesrs

Mike

Update

Thanks for all the interest in the Scottish Cruise, from members feedback on three suggested routes, here are details of the preferred option.This is lovely countryside and plenty to stop and see, theres no intention of having a fixed itinerary, this way I'm sure we will have a flexible and enjoyable day.
Hopefully we'll get a few more interested parties as time runs on, the main things are sorted now. Lets just hope we get a nice day. Remember that Cruise fitting and other tweaks to your wee beasties will be available. Theres still a couple of slots available with Skipton -PM him for info!

Starting Stirling/Dunblane, continue up the A9 to Greenloaning where you turn off on the A822 heading towards Crieff. Once at Crieff follow A85 Perth road for a short distance before turning left on the A822 to Aberfeldy. Once past Amulree you turn left onto the A826 and then all the way to Aberfeldy. At Aberfeldy take the A827 to Kenmore. I have provisionally booked the Courtyard Bar/Restaurant for refreshments, a lovely place and great food; it also has a really nice open fire. www.thecourtyard-restaurant.co.uk Follow the A827 to Killin and then onto the A85 back via Callendar and Stirling.

Again, any feedback or suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,

Murdi

Edit

Forgot to clarify in last post:

Start and finish point will be the Travelodge car park at Moto Service Area, Pirnhall, Stirling. FK7 8EU
This will also be the location for cruise fitting etc. Should be no problems with this, I will ring Travelodge as a courtesy. :D

Update.

Hello all, thanks once again to the supporters of the Tartan Cruise! As another wee attraction I am proposing a stop at Dewars World of Whisky in Aberfeldy. I'll ring them for a group price.

http://www.scotchwhisky.net/distilleries/aberfeldy.htm#vis

The entrance fee includes a free dram (remember we're driving though!!;)) and this should be a good pit stop before heading to Kenmore for a feed. I'm going to nip up there for a trial run soon, and suss out some places with nice scenery etc. to stop off. I'll print out a rough guide for the day that folks can use or discard at their leisure!!:D

Still lots of time if anyone else wants to join us, just drop me a PM. To reiterate, Mike will be there Saturday and Sunday morning for Skipton Cruise fitting etc. Drop him a PM if youre interested.

Im off on the saturday but working on the sunday.
would it be a problem coming down just for the saturday and getting cruise fitted?

Its only a one day thing Roy, theres been no demand for an overnight as yet (Mike is staying overnight in Stirling and will be available for fitting Sunday I think.)

PM Skip and book your slot! Cheers, Murdi :D

Murdi's right - as things stand, I'll be travelling up to Stirling Friday evening and staying over to be there bright and early on Saturday. As I don't fancy driving back down on the Saturday evening, I think I;ll be staying at the Travelodge again on the Saturday, so a Sunday AM fit could be an option.

At present, there is one deposited booking, who will have first dibs on a time slot. PM me with your requirements and we;ll sort something out for the Saturday.

Cheers,

Mike

Back