Chorus1 codes and Bluetooth connection

3wheeler

Hi my 2001 SE 1.4 AUA has a poverty -spec Chorus I in the dash. Its a hard-buttoned model without any wear at all. I want the car to look absolutely stock, and I have read that Chorus I is not compatible with CD changers or anything for that matter! FIrstly, does anyone know if I can send the unit away to be modified inside and look stock outside, and secondly, if theres a code for it in the handbook- I cannot find one in the book pack. I'm sorry if this is repeating a well-trodden path, but I cannot find links to my answers. Its been a long week... Thanks :)

When new the car would have come with a manual for the stereo. Inside that was a tear off part that contained the code. Codes are cheaply available on ebay and not had bad reports about them.

Tom @timmus stated this on another thread....

Generation 1 stereos were fitted in 2000/2001 A2s. They include...
  • Chorus 1 (single-DIN, tape deck, without ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Concert 1 (single-DIN, tape deck, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Symphony 1 (double-DIN, tape deck and CD player, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
It was not possible to get a single-DIN CD player as a Generation 1 stereo.
Generation 2 stereos were fitted in A2s from 2002 onwards. They include...
  • Chorus 2 (single-DIN, tape deck, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Concert 2 (single-DIN, CD player, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Symphony 2 (double-DIN, tape deck and integrated 6-disc CD changer, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
The only other head unit that was fitted to A2s from factory was the RNS-D SatNav system. I believe this was available throughout the A2's production run.
Cheers,
Tom

So to keep it stock then "upgrading" to a Concert 1 plus the cd changer could be an option.

When new the car would have come with a manual for the stereo. Inside that was a tear off part that contained the code. Codes are cheaply available on ebay and not had bad reports about them.
Thanks. Sadly, someone has done the responsible thing and removed the radio code card.

Tom @timmus stated this on another thread....

Generation 1 stereos were fitted in 2000/2001 A2s. They include...
  • Chorus 1 (single-DIN, tape deck, without ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Concert 1 (single-DIN, tape deck, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Symphony 1 (double-DIN, tape deck and CD player, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
It was not possible to get a single-DIN CD player as a Generation 1 stereo.
Generation 2 stereos were fitted in A2s from 2002 onwards. They include...
  • Chorus 2 (single-DIN, tape deck, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Concert 2 (single-DIN, CD player, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
  • Symphony 2 (double-DIN, tape deck and integrated 6-disc CD changer, with the ability to run an external device e.g. CD changer, aux-in, Bluetooth, etc)
The only other head unit that was fitted to A2s from factory was the RNS-D SatNav system. I believe this was available throughout the A2's production run.
Cheers,
Tom

So to keep it stock then "upgrading" to a Concert 1 plus the cd changer could be an option.
Thanks- I will take a look. Its low priority at the moment until I actually get an MOT and see what a mess I have bought! Next week I find that out!

I actually have a Concert I which someone has fitted an Aux lead to already. Great news! I wonder if anyone can recommend a Bluetooth unit they've used that I can us instead? It would be great to have no leads on show. Thanks :)

You have many options. From cheap few GBP chinese battery powered adapters to adapters install and forget connected to 12v system. Search on google for bluetooth TO aux in car adapter. I used one chinese adapter for a few GBP connected to ignition on power few years in my Škoda Superb and it worked flawless.
The other option is to install bluetooth adapter to CD changer, which gets you the option to control the music from Concert 1: next track/previous track, etc.
There are many options also discussed here. For example:
I was looking at many options and decided to go with Bluemusic. You can even have bt handsfree, but I did not install the microphone, since I do not need handsfree in my weekend fun car and the microphone in the package really looks ugly.
Here is my experience with the installation and testing:

Back