Complete headlight switch fascia removal

Crikeymikey

A2OC Donor
I should have a hard touch headlight switch facia assembly coming in the next couple of days. The anticipation of fixing this particular niggle is overwhelming!
Can I just carefully apply a couple of pry tools around the edge and ease the old unit out or does it involve sacrificing a small goat, saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times and patting my head while rubbing my stomach? Complete unit, not just the headlight switch.
Thanks in advance.
:)

I should have a hard touch headlight switch facia assembly coming in the next couple of days. The anticipation of fixing this particular niggle is overwhelming!
Can I just carefully apply a couple of pry tools around the edge and ease the old unit out or does it involve sacrificing a small goat, saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times and patting my head while rubbing my stomach? Complete unit, not just the headlight switch.
Thanks in advance.
No incantation required. It’s one of the easiest jobs to do and requires ZERO prying. This https://www.a2oc.net/community/inde...some-of-the-how-tos-and-useful-threads.27103/ is a brilliant thread @Birchall put together some years ago that will assist.

It is important that when pressing in the knob and rotating it that you do not force it beyond the point it wants to stop. The knob will lock and retract the pawls that hold the switch / fascia into the dash. Gently pull everything out of the dash and disconnect the wiring plugs for the instrument dimmer and headlight range and the large plug for the lights. Refit is the reverse, fit the wiring plugs and rotate the knob to retract the pawls ( as per the removal ). Slide into the dash then rotate the knob anti clockwise to the "O" position to release the pawls.

Thanks in advance.
Where did you manage to find one? As I’m looking for the same

Back