Diesel Redex

john-wingnut

Just wondered if anyone has used the Diesel Redex and if so does it actually improve fuel economy etc as it claims to??

John

I found that a couple of tanks of BP ultimat eimproved things a bit, but my car had been idle for a month when I bought it!

I also use Millers intermittently. I also find when using V Power etc a definate improvement in smooth running, pick-up and about a 4-5% improvement in economy.

Combination of Millers and exclusively Shell fuels with the occasional V Power tank. I definately don't drive like my granny (even if I had one) and all of my Audis have returned pleasing consumption figures.

My A2 did achieve 70 mpg on a number of occasions and regularly returned high 50 low 60 despite being 'used' to its potential at all times once thoroughly warm...........

Tried both Redex and Millers.

Millers every time for me. They've also launched an improved version (supposedly) although I haven't done enough tanks yet to give a comparison.

I haven't been below 65mpg yet with my A2 not matter how I drive.

I have used REDEX and its quite good. I do notice a slight improvement in MPG but mainly the car seems more 'responsive'.

I have tried millers diesel eco boost stuff now in the last two tanks and its a lot better than Redex diesel.

Car is much more responsive and I have got better MPG too.

Comparing the two; Millers adds 4 cetan no.s compared to redex's 2, so i pressume thats where the main differences are in responsiveness

John

Following the recommendations on this thread I have for the last 500 miles been running with a Millers diesel additive. A good 2/3mpg improvement - yesterday dropped son off at Uni in Egham and jouney back M25/A21 achieved 71mpg running at a sedate 60mph. Also there appears to be even more power on tap. Now the question is - do I need to always add it or just say every other fill up???

On Friday I'm collecting 5L of Millers diesel ecomax.
With 1ml added per litre of diesel that should treat 5000 litres of diesel and cost me an extra 1p per litre. Small fry compared to the cost of diesel at the pumps. So at that cost I'll be treating every tank of diesel until I run out. 4 years at my current rate :)

I am using Millers and Redex 'one shot' treatments at the moment however I too have usually found Millers the better product. The main problem is remembering to use it when refilling!

Just add after if you forget.............................................

It'll dissolve............................................

I am using Millers and Redex 'one shot' treatments at the moment however I too have usually found Millers the better product. The main problem is remembering to use it when refilling!

I've not done any comparison tests but have always considered Redex to be more a fuel system cleaner and Millers a fuel performance enhancer

Cheers Spike

For the long term additives i agree Spike however Millers also do a 'one shot' additive aimed more at the cleaning aspect. I need to run another tankful through with a 'one shot' by which time the injectors should be clean!

Started to use Millers, i bought it for £9.99 inc postage on ebay, great job, i have noticed a power and mpg difference of 3-5 mpg on a long run

Started to use Millers, i bought it for £9.99 inc postage on ebay, great job, i have noticed a power and mpg difference of 3-5 mpg on a long run

Interestingly Which magazine found no significant improvements and do not recommend any of the fuel additive they tested which includes Millers. I tend to agree with Which - having bought the Miller 5L pack last year, I have stopped using it after 6 months as I cannot tell any difference in performance or mileage (actually if any thing I probably get 2 - 3 mpg LESS with Miller in the tank on my run to and from London/Manchester, but of course the variation in journey conditions such as traffic and ambient temp could have been factors which impacted the MPG).

Interestingly Which magazine found no significant improvements and do not recommend any of the fuel additive they tested which includes Millers. I tend to agree with Which - having bought the Miller 5L pack last year, I have stopped using it after 6 months as I cannot tell any difference in performance or mileage (actually if any thing I probably get 2 - 3 mpg LESS with Miller in the tank on my run to and from London/Manchester, but of course the variation in journey conditions such as traffic and ambient temp could have been factors which impacted the MPG).
unless i had clogged injectors and it cleaned them, which is why it made a difference, or maybe it could the warmer weather we are now getting:)

Back